Hey friends can I swap from my current verizon Storm to my verizon tour by just swapping the cards in the back of the device? and if I do this what will happen will I loose anything or?? Or should I just do an esn swap at verizon? Just curious Thanks for all your help!!
    12-30-09 10:27 PM
    No, it won't work. You have to call verizon to switch service from one phone to another.
    12-30-09 10:41 PM
    I don't think so. The sim card on the verizon network is for gsm carriers and generally when outside the US. I don't believe it does anything between verizon phones in the US.

But I think you can do it youself online. I'm not sure if you do it through the BIS site or somewhere on the verizon site.
    12-30-09 10:41 PM
    SIM cards don't apply to Verizon in the US.

To change devices, you can do an ESN swap on your MyVerizon page online.

Then dial *228 and activate the new phone.

Note that you need to be sure that the device is released from your friend's account first.

And if you want your email push to be changed over, you need to log in to your BIS and use the Change Device feature.
    12-31-09 07:29 AM
    SIM cards don't apply to Verizon in the US.

To change devices, you can do an ESN swap on your MyVerizon page online.

Then dial *228 and activate the new phone.

Note that you need to be sure that the device is released from your friend's account first.

And if you want your email push to be changed over, you need to log in to your BIS and use the Change Device feature.
    so once I do an esn swap than I can usemy tour normally..than just sell the storm or keep it as a backup..? if I wanted to use it again than I can esn swap back to te storm..?? is there any problem that can occur from swapping back and forth?? to change the email push I just use the change device feature ? or just setup my bis email accounts (add email) to the tour like I did when I got my storm?? Thanks so much!!
    12-31-09 11:23 AM
    Once you do the online swap, you can keep your Storm, or sell it. If you sell it, be sure to wipe it.

To change the email, just log into the BIS site, and switch your PIN.
    12-31-09 11:39 AM
    You can also call *228 option 3 to change devices..call from the phone you want to use and turn off the old phone. once you do this do a *228, opt 1 to program and go to BIS and change the device. Just a note if you have insurance on the current phone and switch to a phone you didn't buy through VZW the insurance wont carry to the new device (at least this is what VZW told me) and there's no problem going back and forth I did it all the time...Tour for work and reg phone on weekends, now I use the Storm2 all the time
    12-31-09 11:51 AM
    i cant do it... the dang phone is locked..since the guy I bought it from had the buy one get one.. this was his extra one and its locked since he never activated it.. any help what do i do If I cant get him to put it on his account .. do I just have a freakin paper weight now.. =( any help!
    01-03-10 05:53 PM
    Nope. He violated his agreement.

Note that this doesn't have anything to do with the SIM cards.
    01-03-10 07:18 PM
    so if i insert my verizon sim card to another blackberry phone, can i use my older BBM pin to the new phone?
    01-03-10 10:05 PM
    No Verizon is CDMA and the sim card in the BB on Verizon are for if you travel outside the country and need to use your phone. it can't be used on the Verizon network.

your friend needs to make this right by you
    01-03-10 11:20 PM
    thanks friends.. after allot of exchanged missed calls seems we will be meeting at a verizon store will see tomarrow if I am up and running on my tour! keep your fingers crossed.. =)
    01-05-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD