Hi, what I'm looking for is the ability to lock the phone with a password only when I hit the 'a' button. In other words, I don't want it to automatically lock after XX minutes.

Is there any way to do this?
    11-05-09 09:27 PM
    Are you saying that you ONLY want it to lock when you lock it, and not to automatically lock under no circumstances? If so, I don't think it's possible. I've been interested in finding a work-around for this too. I'm finding it kinda annoying that it locks automatically after an hour and I have to enter my password to use the phone. Although, for security purposes, it's not a bad feature.
    11-05-09 10:19 PM
    yea that's what I was talking about. I used to have another (non BB) phone set so that it only locked when you turned it on or when you locked it yourself.

Especially since 1 hour is the longest time you can choose. I really don't need it to lock that often. Maybe 3-4 hours.
    11-05-09 11:31 PM
    With the bb tour, you can lock it when you wnat to. There is a button on the top left hand side, just press lightly down n its lock. very convenience for the user. I love it. and to unlock, press it again
    11-06-09 03:35 AM
    reading comprehension!
    11-06-09 03:39 AM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to do this, unless there is some 3rd party app out there that substitutes for the built in locking method, but then you run the risk of it not being as secure.

I found this annoying as well when I first got a BB, but in all reality, leaving it on the 1 hour setting usually isn't a problem, as I find myself checking my phone at least once an hour. The only time I regularly have to enter the password is when I first wake up in the morning.

Plus its nice to know that if you loose your phone, it will hopefully lock itself by the time someone else finds it, rendering your data secure.
    11-06-09 03:55 AM
    eh, 1 hour is too short for me. I'd rather just turn that "feature" off completely and lock it only when I want it locked.
    11-06-09 03:58 AM
    That would be neat to have. I didn't even know about the lock button at the top. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 06:37 AM
    ^ lol, took me about 2 weeks to realize what was on the top of the phone :].
    11-06-09 07:49 AM
    whenever i want mine locked, i actually lock it manually, with top button, or button in screen, it never actaully locks on its own.......
    11-06-09 08:03 AM
    If you are on a BES or BPS, are nice to the admin, and it's not against company policy, they can send out an IT policy that lets you pick a longer timeout. I have mine set at 8 hours.

Still doesn't help with what you want though.
    11-06-09 09:41 AM
    If you are on a BES or BPS, are nice to the admin, and it's not against company policy, they can send out an IT policy that lets you pick a longer timeout. I have mine set at 8 hours.
    If you're able to get a longer time out, something like 24 hours should be more than long enough to keep the bb from ever locking. Does any crackberry addict ever not use their bb for 24 hours?
    11-06-09 12:34 PM
    whenever i want mine locked, i actually lock it manually, with top button, or button in screen, it never actaully locks on its own.......
    thats because you have no password set
    11-06-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD