Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any way to get a photos from my camera to my tour? This way I can post photos from a trip without needing internet or a laptop. Thanks for your help.
    05-10-10 02:22 PM
    If your camera uses a microSD card, you can take the card from the camera and put it directly into the Tour. I strongly recommend you try this BEFORE you take your trip. If there's a problem, you want to find out before you lose your irreplaceable trip photos.
    05-10-10 03:30 PM
    You can also transfer photos from your computer to your phone's SD card, obviously assuming you have the pictures saved on the computer first.

Easiest way is to enable mass storage mode on the phone when plugged into your computer. The phone should show up as a removable drive on the computer.

From there you can just drag and drop any file you want.
    05-10-10 03:57 PM
    My camera doesn't use micro sds, so that won't work. Also the reason I'm trying to find a solution is cause I would like to remove the need for a computer. Especially when I go on trips for extended amounts of time without one.
    05-10-10 04:00 PM
    Well you may be able to transfer directly from camera to phone using a micro usb cable to (I'm assuming, depending on the camera's connection) a mini-usb cable.
    05-10-10 04:08 PM
    If your camera takes an SD card, there is an SD Eye-Fi card that allows wireless upload, but since the tour doesn't have wifi, your still s.o.l. I'm not sure how the eye-fi works, here's the page Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo & video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web. take a look at it. If your close to an upgrade, it may be worth it to upgrade to the Tour 2/Bold 9650.
    05-10-10 04:08 PM
    My camera doesn't use micro sds, so that won't work. Also the reason I'm trying to find a solution is cause I would like to remove the need for a computer. Especially when I go on trips for extended amounts of time without one.
    Unless you have a camera that can send pictures using Bluetooth, there's no other way to get the pics into your Tour without using a computer or internet connection.
    05-10-10 04:11 PM
    If your camera takes an SD card, you can also get a Micro to SD converter. Just slide the Micro SD card into the SD converter, place it in your camera, take your pics, take the micro card out, put it in your phone, upload your pics.
    05-10-10 04:11 PM
    If it uses a standard type card, like compact flash or the next size smaller, there are adapters but you'd be in the tedious position of copying files from the camera's card to phone's internal memory, swap cards and then moving from internal memory to the phone's actual card.

There are or were devices called usb bridges that could connect to devices not meant to communicate with each other (phone to camera) but reviews were that they were slow and their interface a bit clumsy. They probably still exist.

link: USB Bridge :: USB Bridge :: Connect :: Delkin USA

Price $50
    Last edited by F2; 05-10-10 at 08:48 PM.
    05-10-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD