Camera won't work. Telling me. That too many apps are open. Only five regular apps are open????
    09-28-09 02:11 AM
    Do you run Slacker? Not necessarily is it now running but do you run it? That has been implicated by some users as causing a camera problem?

What other apps have you installed whether they are running or not?
    09-28-09 08:56 AM
    Ive installed a tip calculator, Score Mobile for sports, Weather app, accell golf app, Yankees.com app, Open table app, Flixter app, AP News app, Shazaam, VZW Tunes, and yes I have Slacker but never use it. I barely us any of those apps. Just got the phone and the camera worked when I got it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    09-29-09 05:47 AM
    Rebooting generally "fixes" the problem. It may be one of those apps - it may grab a bunch of memory for its processing and when "ended" may not give it back so interferes with the camera. As I said, I've read Slacker can do that (I have never installed it or run it). Other apps may also have affects. So you can try a process of elimination. Reboot, use camera, use camera some more. Run one of those apps. Try camera, etc.

You might also go to Options/Status and see how much memory and check periodically. Although I'm not sure anyone has figured out what the adverse interaction is and maybe it is not solely used-memory but something else.

Good luck
    09-29-09 08:23 AM
    I've had camera issues but nothing that a battery pull cannot solve, i suggest you try the same. That being said, i haven't experienced many of those since i upgraded OS to 5.0 from .40...in my personal opinion this is a buggy OS.
    09-29-09 08:30 AM
    Thanks a lot for the advide. Quick question and this may sound stupid because Im very new to this phone, but hbow do I upgrade to a better OS????
    09-30-09 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD