My tour used to take very clear pics, but now it seem like they are all blurry. I haven't changed any of the settings and have not gotten it wet. Any and all help is appreciated.
    02-02-10 01:15 PM
    There may be moisture on the inside of your lens. I'm not sure if this is a problem that occurs, but I know its happened to one of my dslr camera lenses from taking it into a warm room right out of the winter temperature outside.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is software error, not allowing the camera to focus properly. Did you try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 01:41 PM
    Yes I tried a battery pull and still do not see a difference. I can not see any moisture on the inside of the lens.
    02-02-10 01:52 PM
    I'm not aware of any software issue that would cause this problem, which is what leads me to believe that its hardware based. Is it cold this time of year where you live? If so I would be almost certain that it was caused by moisture from the quick transition from cold to warm. Try putting you phone into a bowl of uncooked rice for a few hours and see if it helps.

02-02-10 01:59 PM
    im having the exact same problem! did you find a solution?
    06-27-10 08:19 PM
    Does your lense look foggy?
    06-28-10 07:07 AM
    Had the same problem. I fixed it by gently rubbing the lens with a Q tip. Cleaned up what looked to me like a clean lens.
    06-28-10 07:22 AM
    Wow, thought I was the only one who just noticed this happening. I have had the phone since the end of march and have only used Pre-Moisened Lens Cleaning tissues (courtesy of my work lol) to clean it. But if I look closely at the camera lense I can see discoloration where it looks like part of the lense is marked or something To me it looks like there is something clouding over my pics rather than the camera being out of focus.
    Last edited by Ruger141; 06-28-10 at 05:20 PM.
    06-28-10 04:57 PM
    Well I tried the Q-Tip idea and found that the discolored area on the lens actually got bigger now. It now appears to me that this area is posibbly the clean lens and the rest is a tough film of something on there. I remember thinking a few months ago that there appeared to be a film on the lens but thought I was just seeing things. Maybe I wasnt. What would be a good way to thouroughly and safely clean the lens off? Can I have better access to it if I pop the black plastic piece surrounding the lens and flash off?

Do you notice anything similar Plowboy? You have to hold it under light and change the angle you look at the lens around.
    06-28-10 05:16 PM
    Well I tried the Q-Tip idea and found that the discolored area on the lens actually got bigger now. It now appears to me that this area is posibbly the clean lens and the rest is a tough film of something on there. I remember thinking a few months ago that there appeared to be a film on the lens but thought I was just seeing things. Maybe I wasnt. What would be a good way to thouroughly and safely clean the lens off? Can I have better access to it if I pop the black plastic piece surrounding the lens and flash off?

Do you notice anything similar Plowboy? You have to hold it under light and change the angle you look at the lens around.
    Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having exactly the same issue right now and I see exactly what you're talking about. I've tried cleaning it with lens cleaners etc but I can't see much of an improvement in picture quality. A little but not much.
    05-06-11 09:46 AM
    I was hoping to find a solution here. As someone said before, I cleaned lens with Qtip and alcohol but still can see lens is not clean. The end result is bad pics...very blurry. Please help!!!!
    06-06-11 01:25 PM
    This happened for me when I upgraded to os 6. The camera got a lot worse just from that. Not sure why but it takes terrible pics now.
    06-06-11 01:39 PM
    I just started noticing this after my mom dropped my phone the other day. It had been working fine before that. I have pictures to compare taken in the same room at the same time of day. It's all blurry now. All Blackberry wants to offer is to restore from an earlier backup. Argh. I've had maybe 2 problems with my phone in the almost 2 years that I've had it.
    07-30-11 02:47 AM
    Only 2 problems in 2 years with a tour is actually pretty good

07-30-11 06:33 AM
    I'm talking serious problems that need some figuring out to fix. A battery pull has fixed all but 2 things (uncaught exception and blurry pictures) have been solved pretty easily.

I love my phone, and it has been good to me. I'll never understand why people choose to get the Curve, it's so awful.

I fear I'll have to replace my phone now that it can't take a decent picture. It's really annoying, and what's the point of a smartphone if it can't take pictures/videos? I use the camera/video camera all the time. Taking pictures with my camera and then putting them on my phone is a pain in the ***. It sounds silly, but it's really annoying and inconvenient. I can't renew my contract until March of 2012 at the absolute earliest. I don't know that I can go 7 months without taking a picture on my phone.
    07-31-11 04:37 AM
    I had this issue as well. I used a Q-Tip WITH ALCOHOL and it all seems fine now. Add alcohol and see if that works.
    08-02-11 01:46 PM
    This is happening with all refurbished tour phones. As the aftermarket case that is installed when the phone is refurbished has a very cheap lens, and with time the anti-glare and clear coating come off the glass, which causes the lens to become foggy. There is noting you can do about it.
    08-04-11 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD