I am new to this and tried a search on my phone with not much luck.... Whenever I try to get my camera to work I am prompted to close other apps and try again. Only issue I don't have any apps runing... Any advice? TIA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:58 PM
    Battery pull should fix this for you
    08-07-09 12:59 PM
    That worked thanks! it takes like 10 minutes to boot up though. I hope this isn't a repetitive issue and can be solved with a software upgrade if any will be shortly available.

08-07-09 06:49 PM
    with a hard reset it will take forever becuase it has to turn on power, launch default apps, verify security, load themes, locate messages, etc.. If you "turn it off" and "turn it on" it will not take nearly as long
    08-07-09 07:03 PM
    That worked thanks! it takes like 10 minutes to boot up though. I hope this isn't a repetitive issue and can be solved with a software upgrade if any will be shortly available.

I'm having the same issue and the only thing that makes it work is a battery pull. Over and over and over
    08-07-09 07:47 PM
    I'm having the same issue and the only thing that makes it work is a battery pull. Over and over and over
    Yep... second time I went through this already.
    08-09-09 09:11 AM
    this also happened to me the other day. what i found to work was to go in and try to activate the camera another way. go into media pictures and open camera from there. worked once but the second time i had to do a battery pull.
    08-09-09 11:12 AM
    I have this same problem. Ive pulled the battery three times and it doesn't seem to be helping. Can anyone help please?
    08-09-09 11:58 AM
    It seems like slacker radio starts this problwm.

08-09-09 03:48 PM
    It seems like slacker radio starts this problwm.

Possible, although that's not the cause for me... I only installed Slacker yesterday and have been having this problem with the camera since I got it 3 weeks ago.

For me, when I do the battery pull the camera thing won't happen for a day or so - no matter which and how many applications I run. But the longer I go beyond one day the more likely it is to happen again.
    08-09-09 05:07 PM
    I have this same problem and started a thread last week about it. It was suggested that an OS re-install would help, but I haven't tried it yet out of laziness.
    08-09-09 06:43 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what does your device memory read when the camera won't start? Also, what other apps (if any) are you running when trying to open the camera?
    08-09-09 07:34 PM
    If I run into it again I'll let you know I'm crossing my fingers as I do not use the camera too often. It's functioning at the moment.
    08-09-09 09:44 PM
    I had the same problem. I did the battery pull about ten minutes ago. Camera working now... hopes it stays working.
    10-14-09 10:57 AM
    same issue with camera, twice. battery pull and it works, not sure if it is hardware issue or not, are we able to get a replacement from verizon?
    10-21-09 02:18 AM
    Slacker has caused similar problems for some people. Even if it has been closed, it may still cause problems until a battery pull. There are other threads on the issue
    10-21-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD