HI,

I bought this 9630 tour for my girlfriend. On the back of the phone is the camera, flash and white text saying :3.2 mp auto focus. so the camera is there physically. However there were no icons or keys or ANYTHING relating to the camera in the menus (yes we checked everywhere )

So I updated it from os4 to os5 - same story : even searched Help for the word camera, its not there.

I did that status check and the phone had an IT-Policy enabled. I did the whole "loader.exe /resettofactory "

still no camera, no mention of it - zip, zilch,nada, Nothing!

The phone behaves as if there isnt a camera on it. Theres no apps or mention of the word camera.

So the next thing I'm gonna try is to cleanly wipe the phone using BBSAK and download a new os to update the phone with.

If there's anything you guys can think of please let me know.

thanks
    Kane
    11-08-11 08:54 AM
    That is very strange. Usually by default the right convenience key is set as Camera since it is a two-stage button.

Yes try and reinstall the OS cleanly. If the camera still doesn't register then it could be a serious hardware problem, in which case you'd have to get a professional to repair/replace parts.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this is a used/refurbished tour? In which case you may be out of luck if it's the camera hardware itself rather then OS. If not and it still has warranty, amazingly, RMA it.
    11-08-11 11:11 AM
    I wiped it clean (got the 507 error) using BBSAK. Installed new software. I looked to see that the camera .cod files where on the device. BUT STILL NO CAMERA.

I am now waiting til saturday to take the phone in to the guys I got it from. Apparently they have some Blackberry box device that will fix the software .
    11-08-11 11:43 PM
    Very strange. I hope those guys can fix it.
    11-09-11 02:00 PM
    you probably got a non camera version and somebody's changed the midplate
    11-09-11 02:04 PM
    you probably got a non camera version and somebody's changed the midplate
    Exactly. Internally there probably is no camera.
    11-09-11 02:42 PM
    if there is a camera (real, not just the midplate), try Delete the IT Policy with BBSAK or CrackMem. Then load the OS.
    12-02-11 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD