One of our employees has a Verizon Wireless Blackberry Tour. It has the latest software, A5.0.0.591. All of the calls remain in his "call log" under the call log icon, which is good. But intermittently, calls will be missing from the list that appears when he hits the green send key. What is up with this? Is it a separate list? The calls will be there in the morning, and then sometimes later in the afternoon they'll be gone.

I've searched the forums and have found lots of related posts on this, but no real solutions. My best guess is a "memory leak".

Thanks a lot!
    05-11-10 05:36 PM
    If the employee is on a BES, I would look at rebuilding the profile to resolve this issue. Or, as a temporary fix to verify the memory issue, you can press ALT + LGLG, to access the event log, then menu -> clear log. If the frequency of the data loss decreases after that, then you've verified the memory issue. If not, or if neither of these suggestions help, then I'd recommend a wipe, and use the advanced options in backup/restore to only restore one database (contacts, calendar, etc.) at a time to find out if one of those is causing the problem.
    05-11-10 06:00 PM
    I will try clearing the event log and go from there.

In order to clear the profile on the BES, I just delete the account from the BES and then recreate it, right? And give the user a new activation password..
    05-11-10 06:05 PM
    Wait so the list of calls that is stored under the green send key use up the same memory as the event log? Is that what you're saying?
    05-13-10 08:28 PM
    I've never been able to figure this out either. My call log is always incomplete. However if I go to Messages>Press the BB Key>View Folder>select Call Log from the list, all of the calls are listed there. My 9630 has been this way from 4.7 and now on 5.0.0.484.
    05-14-10 09:09 AM
    No one other than me and gjcavana has experienced this? There is no thorough explanation of this issue?
    05-17-10 12:06 PM
    In the call log you access when pressing the green send key, the log is grouped into seperate #'s. For example, if you call or receive calls from 555-1000 numerous times during the day, it only shows up once in the call log as 555-1000. You have to select the #, hit menu and select history to view all dialed and received calls from said #. Sort of grouped like threaded messages.

This may not be the solution you're looking for but it's a possibility so I thought I'd give it a shot.
    05-17-10 12:35 PM
    Hey thanks a lot KillYouWithMyMind. I get what you're saying, but it's the entire # deleting from the log.
    05-17-10 12:48 PM
    Well in that case, possibly memory like you said.

But Tour's have plenty of device memory to store messages, contacts, call logs, etc. so it seems a bit far fetched. Does this employee have a lot of information on the phone? And I mean A LOT...

I think the most likely possibility is a problem with that terrible .591 OS, possibly a bug in the system deleting random call log entries. I recommend getting rid of that and loading another 5.0 on there. The best ones are not "official" from Verizon but run much smoother than their official release. I'm using 5.0.0.643 and I've experienced no problems. I've also heard good things about .484 and .419.
    05-17-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD