Okay so I decided to give in and update my Tour. I plugged in the charger, downloaded the update on my phone, initiated the install, and let it do its thing. Everything seemingly went off without a hitch....

Except now once I power my phone off (not full power off mind you), the alarms on my calender no longer work automatically. The phone will turn on at the right time and the alarm message pops up, but there is no sound or vibration. The alarms work flawlessly if I leave the phone on or put it in standby but powering off no longer works which is something I really liked and utilized everyday. Help!
    12-03-09 12:44 AM
    With the phone ON, remove the battery for about 40 seconds and replace. allow to reboot. See if that fixes it. Also check that your profiles did not change. Do you use a standard alarm tone or something of your own like your own mp3?
    12-03-09 08:55 AM
    Nope the battery pull didn't work. Nor does the hard reboot. Or the simple full power off.

The phone will turn on for the alarm, the turn on chime rings (which it never used to before the update) but then it's silent as the snooze/dismiss menu appear on screen. The alarm fails to sound with both downloaded ringtones and stock ones that came on the phone.

I don't believe the profile got changed but maybe it could've? I'm not quite sure how to check for that.

Any other ideas? This really bums me out as I used to use the alarm for everything from waking up in the morning to classes and work!
    12-04-09 01:09 AM
    Find the Profiles icon - generally looks like a SPEAKER. Open it and check out the normal profile and its settings for all the alerts, particularly, in your case, the Calendar alarm. Have you installed any 3rd party apps that tweak or deal with alerts like berrybuzz or similar?
    12-04-09 08:29 AM
    Okay I checked all that out and everything is still the same. The only apps I had downloaded (Facebook, The Hockey News) were before the update and everything worked fine then. Any other ideas? I appreciate the help!
    12-04-09 12:42 PM
    Okay I checked all that out and everything is still the same. The only apps I had downloaded (Facebook, The Hockey News) were before the update and everything worked fine then. Any other ideas? I appreciate the help!
    Do yourself a favor and go to Sprint .57. I had issues also with .61.
    12-05-09 12:42 AM
    That doesn't exactly help me out since I have another year and a half left on my plan and don't feel like getting slapped by Verizon with a cancellation fee on top of their astronomical prices!
    12-06-09 11:32 AM
    He means find the Official Sprint 4.7.1.57 Operating system and load that on your phone..
    12-06-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD