Another newbie here...I've searced for a few threads on this to no avail.

Anytime I try to use my calendar, it locks up my Tour completely. I have to hold down the power button to get it to reboot and when it does, I get back:

"uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_calendar_app(246) is not responding; process terminated"

or

"uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_calendar_app(167) is not responding; process terminated".

I saw someplace about clearing the event log and tried that but no go. Still the same problem.

I use QuickPull and still no go after that either.

Anyone have any ideas? This is getting to be a major PITA!

If it matters - I have Verizon, I'm not synced with any outlook or mail functions calendar, and I don't use the desktop manager.
    11-05-09 09:07 AM
    Ok... I have a few users who got this error when they recieved an email from particular people, especially those with large attachments. I've had to completely wipe and reload their devices and the problem stopped.

I don't know if it'll work for you.
    11-05-09 09:25 AM
    Ok... I have a few users who got this error when they recieved an email from particular people, especially those with large attachments. I've had to completely wipe and reload their devices and the problem stopped.

I don't know if it'll work for you.
    Wipe out how? It's not prompted by any emails....it had been a problem from day 1 but it worked 'eventually'....as opposed to not working at all now.

There's nothing there that I would worry about losing; if that's what made it work I'd be thrilled.
    11-05-09 09:29 AM
    First you'd have to install Desktop Manager on your computer, install the OS software which you're running currently on the Tour. Then back up your device, use JL_Cmdr and wipe it, then use the AppLoader.exe file to reload the OS onto your device. Once that's done, you can restore the data to your device from the backup.

The instructions to do all this are posted here on CB.com in the "How To" section in the main forum. If you need more help or more details, just let me know. PM me or use my PIN for BBM.
    11-05-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD