I went into my local Verizon today and I was told that they would not have the tour in stock until a week or two after. I know that the sales people do not know very much so I asked for the store manager and he told me the same thing. Now I don�t know if they are all just incompetent or what. But this confused me very much because I thought that since July 12th was the release date, that I would be able to walk into the store on the 12th and pick one up. And at the latest maybe have to get it on the 13th. Am I wrong here or are they?

Also if you could give me info on how to get my tour on the 12th that would be great.
    07-05-09 10:47 PM
    Was this a Verizon corporate store? Or an authorized retailer?
    07-05-09 10:48 PM
    A. They're a bunch of idiots. If you want, call another VZW store in your area to see what they say.

B. Get to the store an hour or so early. You should be fine.
    07-05-09 10:53 PM
    corporate store. like actual verizon store
    07-05-09 10:53 PM
    All verizon stores corporate or not will have it on the 12th , stock will be high , no need to line up or show up eairly
    07-05-09 10:54 PM
    I can tell you my local authorized resaler has already told me they won't have the Tour until a week or so later than release. Haven't checked with the local corporate stores.

ETA: I think we'll be hearing more about stock this week...maybe around Wednesday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by French; 07-06-09 at 06:37 AM.
    07-06-09 05:27 AM
    Don't mean to question ya, but what is your source of info when you say stock will be high???

thanks
    I'd like to know that to. VZW stores get a shipment once a week, and they get a list a day before with an overview of what they will be getting in. In the case of a high demand newly released phone, there are times when Fedex will bring unannounced shipments, but those are never confirmed until the last minute.
    07-06-09 06:29 AM
    A. They're a bunch of idiots.
    Always nice to hear!
    07-06-09 06:34 AM
    All VZW Corp Stores will have Tours in stock on 7/12/09. The amount....who knows. They just may not have any in stock now, or don't know yet, or just don't want to tell you. The same crap happens to me when I call certain ATT stores, or Verizon stores, and upon release day, those same ATT Stores, and VZW Stores, have the very phones in stock that they claimed to not be getting.
    07-06-09 07:13 AM
    All verizon stores corporate or not will have it on the 12th , stock will be high , no need to line up or show up eairly
    Glad to hear stock will be high.
    07-06-09 07:54 AM
    Well I dunno about the stock we do only get shipments once a week and depending on what kind of corporate store is how many tours it will receive. Kiosk will most likely get only one box 10-12 and larger stores will perhaps get 2-3 boxes. They day the storm released the store I worked only had 20 and they were gone in the first hour. I'm not sure what store you went to but everyone in that store must of not owned a blackberry. Anytime you go to a vzw store ask for a sales rep who owns a blackberry they are the most knowlegible
    07-06-09 08:05 AM
    Well I dunno about the stock we do only get shipments once a week and depending on what kind of corporate store is how many tours it will receive. Kiosk will most likely get only one box 10-12 and larger stores will perhaps get 2-3 boxes. They day the storm released the store I worked only had 20 and they were gone in the first hour. I'm not sure what store you went to but everyone in that store must of not owned a blackberry. Anytime you go to a vzw store ask for a sales rep who owns a blackberry they are the most knowlegible
    I would actually go into a store and ask any very difficult wireless question and then watch where the rep goes when they can't answer your question. The rep who the reps ask questions of is who you want to work with.
    07-06-09 08:23 AM
    I just got off the phone with CS for another reason but the Tour came up in the convo. She said that there will be limited supply if any in certain stores. Then she "checked my area" and said there will be some in stock around here. Don't know if I believe that because it's the launch date, I don't see stores having ZERO Tour's, unless they are an authorized dealer. In the beginning of the call she told me I could order the Tour because it won't be in the store Lol... My how her story changed just that fast.
    07-06-09 08:29 AM
    When do you all typically receive your shipments?
    07-06-09 08:30 AM
    There will be plenty of Tours in stock! Look at the lack of advertising I would say it is very likely that the average "Joe Customer" has no idea the Tour exists. People keep comparing it to the Storm and it isn't the same, the Storm was advertised 3 months in advance. I have yet to see an ad for the Tour. We find out what will be in Friday shipments on Wednesday afternoon.
    07-06-09 08:36 AM
    I'm going to my local retail store to get mine. I can't pre order because I'm on goverment discount. I called and they said they don't have them yet but should by fri or sat. They told me to call back fri or sat. Maybe they will hold one even. They not gonna run out I don't think. Only people like us care about the tour lol. Crack heads. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 08:43 AM
    I just bought a Curve on June 13th and want to exchange it for the Tour as part of the "return within 30days" policy.

The question I have though, if I go to a few local VZW stores on July 12th and they are out of the Tour. Will they extend my Curve return date til the Tour comes in, or do I have to turn in my Curve on July 12th and use my old phone?
    Last edited by OneHourPhoto; 07-06-09 at 09:11 AM.
    07-06-09 09:09 AM
    I would think you'd have to return your Curve. I don't think they'll extend your 30 day return period just for a lack of stock.
    07-06-09 09:13 AM
    Why wouldn't people pre-order the Tour?
    07-06-09 09:23 AM
    Well mainly because some of can't pre-order. The website won't allow some with corporate discounts. Others like the instant rebate and some can't make it out to the store on the 12th.
    07-06-09 09:34 AM
    Why wouldn't people pre-order the Tour?
    I wanna have mine on Sunday and not wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for FedEx to show up with it.
    07-06-09 09:45 AM
    I wanna have mine on Sunday and not wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for FedEx to show up with it.
    Amen to that. I just called my VZW rep (well left a message for her)... We need to discuss pricing on it. I will soooo be in the corp store bright and early on Sunday morning. My Storm is busted now so I definitely need a replacement ASAP
    07-06-09 09:47 AM
    Good points... didnt think of it that way. Oh well, even if I'm the last to have my Tour (pre-ordered it), I'll just be stoked to get it. Nothing wrong with my Curve, so the wait isn't going to kill me =)
    07-06-09 09:48 AM
    I would think you'd have to return your Curve. I don't think they'll extend your 30 day return period just for a lack of stock.
    I got my 30 day return period extended 8 days so I could get the tour. Just call verizon customer service.
    07-06-09 11:01 AM
    Dr.Sadistic: I think pre ordering is what patient people have done.....it makes more sense (IMO) to pre order, get the instant rebate and have your Tour come to you on Tuesday. I, however am ruled by my passions and I MUST have the Tour the DAY it comes out (and I think it'll be really fun to hang out with other crack(berry) heads in line). That's why I'm doing both pre order and in store purchases!
    07-06-09 12:00 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD