So I had originally purchased a Storm 2, but because of dust issues I traded it for a Tour, I really love my tour, but I miss surepress. When I traded my S2 for the Tour, does my 30 day trade policy renew itself? I really would like to go back to a Storm, but the 30 day policy from my S2 is up, so I really need to know if it renewed when I got my Tour, and if it doesn't, my original policy is up, so is there anything that I can do? Please help!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by richvista; 02-04-10 at 10:11 PM.
    02-04-10 09:32 PM
    I was in the same position. I traded the Tour for the S2 15 days after getting the Tour. I did have to pay a $35 restock fee.

02-04-10 10:21 PM
    You will learn to love the tour trust me.
    02-04-10 10:25 PM
    You will learn to love the tour trust me.
    Not saying that I don't love it, its a great phone, I just miss what the Storm models can do that the Tour can't :/

02-04-10 10:30 PM
    I was in the same position. I traded the Tour for the S2 15 days after getting the Tour. I did have to pay a $35 restock fee.

Well, I'm a VZW VIP, so I know that I don't have to pay a re-stocking fee, however, I know for sure that its been more than 30 days since I've bought my S2, but it hasn't been more than 30 since I've had my Tour, so is it possible for me to trade it again? For a Storm1 even?

02-04-10 10:32 PM
    You could get lucky and they might let you trade for the $35 restocking fee. Its worth a try and just tell them you're not satisfied with the tour.
    02-04-10 10:32 PM
    You are only allowed to make a switch once. sorry
    If you give it chance, you will like the Tour
    02-04-10 10:35 PM
    You are only allowed to make a switch once. sorry
    If you give it chance, you will like the Tour
    This is not true. If you go back to your original phone that you traded for the Storm 2, there is no restock fee. Make sure they reset your original upgrade date. Wait a day then go in and upgrade to the Storm 2 again.

Loop holes!!! They exist!!
    02-04-10 10:38 PM
    This is not true. If you go back to your original phone that you traded for the Storm 2, there is no restock fee. Make sure they reset your original upgrade date. Wait a day then go in and upgrade to the Storm 2 again.

Loop holes!!! They exist!!
    So, I upgraded to a Storm 2 from and 8830 and then from the Storm 2 to a Tour, which I still have the 8830, but am using a tour. . If I switch back to
    The 8830, how can I get them to reset my upgrade date? Is this even possible, since I've already traded the S2 for the Tour??
    EDIT: but if I do all this, won't I have to end up paying for the Storm again?

02-04-10 10:46 PM
    If you are still in your 30 days for the second unit....Yes! You will get a refund for the upgrade, then you will have to pay again. If you utilized a rebate they will only refund the remaining balance.

Bring the Tour back, and activate the 8830 again. They will refund your money.
    02-04-10 10:51 PM
    If you are still in your 30 days for the second unit....Yes! You will get a refund for the upgrade, then you will have to pay again. If you utilized a rebate they will only refund the remaining balance.

Bring the Tour back, and activate the 8830 again. They will refund your money.
    Okay, so yes, it hasn't been 30 days since I've had the Tour, but it was a traded unit, so I don't know it the 30 day policy renews on it. If it does, then I still have a few days left on the Tour, if the policy renewed. So I suppose I could just go in and ask them for a storm, because I'm not happy with the tour. But the question that no-one seems to know is, "if I traded my S2 for the Tour, does the Tour get a new 30 day policy, aside from the S2?"

02-04-10 11:04 PM
    YES....Tour gets new 30 day!!!!
    02-04-10 11:09 PM
    YES....Tour gets new 30 day!!!!
    SWEET! Heading into Verizon on Saturday, to hopefully walk out with a Storm. (With as much as I go to VZW, they must dread me coming in haha)

02-04-10 11:15 PM
    You need to go back to your 8830 more than likely for a day, or else you may have to pay a restock fee!!!
    02-04-10 11:18 PM
    You need to go back to your 8830 more than likely for a day, or else you may have to pay a restock fee!!!
    Well, re-stocking fee isn't an issue for me. 35 is 35 and its going to be spent somewhere. But as long as I still have those days left, I can just do the same as I did with my S2 and just tell them it doesn't do what I need it to do, without having to switch back to my 8830

02-04-10 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD