So im sitting at work bored to death hating my Storm more and more everyday. So i'm trying not to just get up from my desk take lunch and run to Verizon for a Tour. I would have to pay full retail! So do you guys think its worth it? What if there is a problem with the Tour after i pay full retail will I be able to exchange it? HMMMM What would you guys do?
    07-16-09 11:07 AM
    I dont know if I would ever pay full retail for a phone. Its kind of obsurd pricing. How long til you can upgrade?
    07-16-09 11:14 AM
    Just wait. I know getting a new Berry is awesome, but a newer model with more bells and whistles is always around the corner.
    07-16-09 11:18 AM
    I shelled out full retail Monday afternoon and asked the rep the very same questions...they assured me the following:

1) The new device would be covered under the insurance i have on my line

2) If there is anything wrong with the device, i can in fact bring it to a store to be exchanged/troubleshot. Device warrenty is the same as if i bought it @ new contract price.

3) Support from the verizon end (on the phone tech support) does not change.

The only issue i had with my Tour is the jiggely battery door (its a CANADA 1 for what its worth). It's annoying but it's not a deal breaker - i have hope that RIM & Verizon address this issue in the near future (ie: recall battery doors and provide new ones free of charge).

I have not had any screen ripples or trackball issues. The screen will ripple if you push on it, just like every other LCD on the face of the planet. As far as the track ball...i have a feeling they are due to user error.

As far as being worth it, that's up to you. Can you afford the 500 and some change (taxes included)? If you can and the storm is not working for you then maybe you should consider it. Ultimately balls in your court.

Before you go and shell out full retail, see if you cant exchange the storm for the tour...some have said they have had success doing that.
    07-16-09 11:19 AM
    I got the storm in February and I cant deal with it anymore, cant upgrade til 2011, there IS not way i can make it that long! HHMMMMM What to do, what to do??
    07-16-09 11:27 AM
    If your that upset with the Storm, why not just go buy the 9630, then stick the Storm up on flee-bay, and recoup about 40-50 percent of the cost of the new phone? Sure you will be paying more for the phone, but that's the price you pay for upgrading early. No harm no foul.
    07-16-09 11:38 AM
    I would do it!!!! Take lunch and get it!!
    07-16-09 11:40 AM
    I went and got it on tuesday. I'm loving it so far. I went expecting to pay full retail but they ended up giving me an upgrade only 6 months into my contract. I'd say go for it. Or at least go down and play with it and see if you like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 11:45 AM
    I'm a realist so this is my advice. There seems to be quite a few glitches with the Tour as of right now and there's no point in going from 1 problematic phone to another. You have to wait regardless so give it some time to shake itself out. Don't be in such a hurry to "get the next best thing". Do some serious research on the Tour before you jump...that's all.
    Good luck.
    07-16-09 11:53 AM
    I'm assuming you want a keyboard since the Storm's keyboard well, doesn't exist. If so, go get a Curve and let the early adopters work out the bugs in the Tour.
    07-16-09 12:08 PM
    i have to say i pre-ordered the tour and got it tuesday i like this phone so much more then i liked my storm i had my storm replaced so many times and always same stupid issues . i do not have one problem with my tour " knock on wood " i say if you can afford it go right now on your lunch and buy it and never look back again. you can also sell your storm on ebay for a decent amount if its in perfect working and physical condtion or keep it for a back up like i did .. good luck and let us know your final decision
    07-16-09 12:58 PM
    You know what is really funny the amount of people that had problematic Storms and still payed for a Tour......thats funny.

Since according to VZW you can exchange for fee if you have x replacements in x time.
    07-16-09 01:02 PM
    Option1. IF you got the cash flow, buy it full retail, then sell the storm.. I sold mine for $300

Option2. Depending on how many storms you have replaced, call them and tell them to make ur next replacment a tour, I've read many threads of people doing that.

Option3. what I did too, call them tell them you will pay the cancelation fee, then pay 2 year price for tour but you want to keep your current number... i paid $140 early cancellation, $199 for phone and I got to keep my number.
    07-16-09 04:50 PM
    Can't speak the the Storm but I came from a 8830 and have to say that the Tour is a vast upgrade to that BB. It's been stable and fairly fast. The keypad is a bit different from the 8830, but if you're working from a full touchscreen, you'll likely appreciate the tactile keys (not to mention reliability). If your Storm is getting to you that much, go and grab another phone. Life's too short to deal with that kind of annoyance - particularly if you have the scratch to pay full retail.
    07-16-09 04:57 PM
    End the end you'll get money for the storm especially if you unlock it.. So you'll probably pay 1/2 of retail maybe a little more. If I wasn't happy with the phone I have I would just pay retail. I use my phone to much to hate to use it which I had the storm and I hated using it so I took it back..twice.
    07-16-09 05:05 PM
    I have to say that I love my Tour. It's my first blackberry so I have nothing to compare it to but it's an awesome phone.
    07-16-09 05:08 PM
    I love my Tour, i am very happy that I switched from my old pearl.
    07-16-09 05:13 PM
    tour is a great phone i love it
    07-16-09 05:13 PM
    My only problem that I have with the phone is that the speaker isn't that great. The Storm was definitely better on speaker phone.
    07-17-09 09:57 AM
    i'm new to vz and new to the bb world. lovin the Tour! some lag issues at first that seemed to have cleared up *knocking on wood*..... if you can swing the lettuce.GET IT!
    07-17-09 10:31 AM
    Personally I would never pay full retail for a phone but I desperately needed an upgrade. My 8830 was definitely showing its age and comparing it to the tour is night and day. With a few OS upgrades it'll be everything I want it to be.

I would suggest selling the storm if you really want to pay for the Tour. I'm with Sprint so I don't have any long term experience with the Storm but I have messed around with a few of my friends' and I liked it. A lot lighter than it looks and easier to type on than I thought it was going to be. If it were me I would hold out until I could upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:16 AM
    In case any of you are interested, I DID IT! I couldnt deal anymore, and i dont know who i was kidding thinking i could be talked out of it, so now i'm happy and Storm free!! Yippie!!
    07-19-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD