What app is the best way to browse the internet on blackberry? Surfing the web is horrible on my Tour. I love everything about my blackberry except surfing the net. I play with my wife's iphone and the internet is night and day. I know that the internet will never be as good as the iphone, but it would be nice to surf websites a little better on the blackberry. Is there a great internet app? Regular blackberry internet app is not that great. Some would say if I want to surf the web then get an iphone, but I am addicted to my blackberry. Love the superfast email, and BBM. Does anyone really use their blackberry for surfing the internet?
    03-21-10 01:59 PM
    Install sprint's newest release if you haven't done so already and then go to this link and download the java file: Tour 9630 .484/.497/.545

This is the fastest browser I have had on any OS so far, the difference is night and day.
    03-21-10 02:01 PM
    Awesome. Thanks!
    03-21-10 02:08 PM
    I would say download opera mini. It's alot better than the stock browser.

Go to your BB browser and download it from this site.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download: BlackBerry
    03-21-10 02:23 PM
    I use opera mini beta 2. Its awesome, really fast and looks great. Tabbed browsing etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 02:25 PM
    I'm using opera mini 5 it's really fast on my Tour.

03-21-10 04:51 PM
    I'll chime in on the Opera bus as well. Opera Mini is AMAZING. I haven't used the stock browser in months, except when it is opened to DL something.
    03-21-10 04:57 PM
    I use opera mini beta 2. Its awesome, really fast and looks great. Tabbed browsing etc...

Opera Mini is out of beta now, official release can be downloaded from their site.
    03-21-10 05:37 PM
    I had Opera 4.2 on my Curve, I just took the time to figure out the 5 version on my Tour. I think I like plus it has the save password feature. Not to mention way faster than BB Browser and Bolt.
    03-21-10 06:26 PM
    Ever since I upgraded to 5.0.0.419 my native browser is equally as fast as Opera. Maybe faster.
    03-21-10 07:33 PM
    I have no problem browsing from the native browser. But I like it cause its simple. Not to many people do.

03-21-10 08:08 PM
    I actually prefer the native browser. Hated Bolt; trying out the official Opera.

03-21-10 10:26 PM
    I alternate between the native browser and the latest Opera Mini. Each works well for different sites. The Tour works fine for my mobile browsing needs. I've had an iPhone and a Palm Pre. While the Tour, or any BB for that matter does not browse as well as those 2 phones, it gets the job done.

03-22-10 01:23 AM
    FYI Opera 5 is official methinks.
    03-22-10 08:39 AM
    Great response; I concur, I use native and Bolt and find that not all sites act the same. Just experiment and find what works the best.

I alternate between the native browser and the latest Opera Mini. Each works well for different sites. The Tour works fine for my mobile browsing needs. I've had an iPhone and a Palm Pre. While the Tour, or any BB for that matter does not browse as well as those 2 phones, it gets the job done.

03-22-10 09:44 AM
    I'm one of the few who prefer the native browser. Like a previous poster said it's simple which is what I prefer for mobile browsing. Bolt is cool too when it's a site that isn't optimized for mobile/smartphone viewing. Never been a fan of Opera Mini.

I say use all 3 until you find the 1 (or 2) that best meets your needs...

03-22-10 10:27 AM
    I'm one of the few who prefer the native browser. Like a previous poster said it's simple which is what I prefer for mobile browsing. Bolt is cool too when it's a site that isn't optimized for mobile/smartphone viewing. Never been a fan of Opera Mini.
    I feel the same exact way
    03-22-10 11:23 AM
    Opera Mini is out of beta now, official release can be downloaded from their site.
    Yep. Downloaded it last night. They fixed the "box checking" flaw. Now its perfect.

03-22-10 01:28 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their information on this issue. I am new to the world of BlackBerry. I am severly hooked and was having all kinds of trouble with native browser. Downloading Opera mini as I type, Thanks again for all the help!
    03-22-10 01:58 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their information on this issue. I am new to the world of BlackBerry. I am severly hooked and was having all kinds of trouble with native browser. Downloading Opera mini as I type, Thanks again for all the help!
    when u get comfortable with your bb, u can try a hybrid or at least 5.0. You should see a lot of improvement in the browser. i have a 5.0 hybrid, & after seeing how much better the native browser was, i removed bolt & opera.
    03-22-10 03:04 PM
    I alternate between native browser and opera mini beta 2. I tried the full version of Opera but it didn't seem to work as well for some reason. I also have bolt, but use it to a lesser extent, just can't give up my tabbed browsing

03-22-10 08:03 PM
    i use the native browser most of the time and sometimes opera mini... bolt stopped workig with the hybrids ive been running for some reason, so i cant use it. hopefully next one, coming out tomorro, will work again
    03-22-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD