Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,179 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Broken "Lock Keypad" Button (button on the upper left of the Tour)

Been spending couple of days reading posts on the forum here, about this. Also reading on the RIM forums, etc.

Consensus seems to be there is **no way** to unlock the display without this button, other than using the OEM BlackBerry holsters.

I know pressing "A" and holding it will lock. But in OS5/up you cannot press A/Send to unlock. Additionally there is no way to map the unlock to any other keys, etc. Additionally there are no apps for this I suppose.

I also clean-installed the OS to make absolutely sure there are no software issues. I also took the top faceplate off and confirmed that the button itself is simply worn out from use.

So for now I am using the BB holster. But I just figured I would throw this out in case there is that ONE person that has worked around this and not posted. Lol.

I am also open to replacing the button. Though I did not find a lot about that in my searches.