amazing. simply amazing. i went through 3 before i returned it a few weeks ago. went back to my pearl, and thought i'd wait til newer fixed batches came out. turned out to be the best decision ever. i ordered it again yesterday and got overnight shipping....wow...so much better

just thought i'd let you guys know..:

Signal issues---fixed!!!! back to being verizon again

Batter door---- fixed!!!!

Muffled sound---- FIXEDDDD!!! THANK the lord

trackball is 100%!

and screen ripples, i have absolutely none.

im so happy i got my tour back because going back to a pearl was a pain in the ***!
    ok just wanted to inform everybody that they are finally good to go!

ps. mine was a Mexico 5 and the date it had on it was 070809 and in international language that means 8-7-2009
    08-26-09 05:22 PM
    amazing. simply amazing. i went through 3 before i returned it a few weeks ago. went back to my pearl, and thought i'd wait til newer fixed batches came out. turned out to be the best decision ever. i ordered it again yesterday and got overnight shipping....wow...so much better

just thought i'd let you guys know..:

Signal issues---fixed!!!! back to being verizon again

Batter door---- fixed!!!!

Muffled sound---- FIXEDDDD!!! THANK the lord

trackball is 100%!

and screen ripples, i have absolutely none.

im so happy i got my tour back because going back to a pearl was a pain in the ***!
    ok just wanted to inform everybody that they are finally good to go!

ps. mine was a Mexico 5 and the date it had on it was 070809 and in international language that means 8-7-2009
    Very cool.

I got Build-7-23-09 on 8-6-09 and it has been perfection as well.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-26-09 at 05:44 PM.
    08-26-09 05:40 PM
    I just received my second tour. Its a greed dot and based on the paperwork that it came with its brand new. I see that it was made in Canada but where do I look for the built date?
    08-26-09 06:21 PM
    I just received my second tour. Its a greed dot and based on the paperwork that it came with its brand new. I see that it was made in Canada but where do I look for the built date?
    If you have stock Tour box its located right above were it says "Handheld made in Canada" or Mexico.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-26-09 at 06:33 PM.
    08-26-09 06:26 PM
    If you have stock Tour box its located right above were it says "Handheld made in Canada or Mexico.
    Well since mine is a repalcement it just came in a small brown box. No date.
    08-26-09 06:34 PM
    Brand new replacement here build date 8-10-09 Mexico 5 build much better device seems the whole phone is very tightly put together battery door is snug keys are not loose and trackball is the way it is supposed to be. Calling VZW to get my wifes replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 06:39 PM
    Brand new replacement here build date 8-10-09 Mexico 5 build much better device seems the whole phone is very tightly put together battery door is snug keys are not loose and trackball is the way it is supposed to be. Calling VZW to get my wifes replaced.

very cool!

so i just installed my phantom skinz....looks a little messy..eek i hope i didnt cause water damage!!!
    08-27-09 05:24 AM
    Wow thanks for the post, no one was posting any of this in any of the other green dot threads.
    08-27-09 05:25 AM
    Wow thanks for the post, no one was posting any of this in any of the other green dot threads.
    haha you're welcome my man! im stokedddd
    08-27-09 05:41 AM
    My replacement Tour came yesterday.
    Also came in a non-descript brown cardboard box. Only phone and battery door. No other equipment. Box did have a green dot sticker on the label.

Aside from Memo pad and Tasks apps seemingly missing (which I was able to reinstall), the phone seems solid and looks like new.
    08-27-09 07:36 AM
    I'm on my second Tour and they are both Mexico 5 and they both both were built on 7-30-2009, they both had the trackball issue but the left side of the trackball was sitting up higher the the right side, so I took my fingernail and pressed the left side of the trackball housing down and that fixed it, it now works perfect :-)
    08-27-09 07:52 AM
    I think I'm going to wait to get my Tour replaced till I actually need to.
    08-27-09 07:53 AM
    How would getting a replacement work for those who are outside their 30 period? Also, what is the deal with the 1 year warranty? How does that work?

08-27-09 08:15 AM
    same with my new green dot tour. absolutely perfect. no ripple, trackball works, battery door fixed. and its a new phone. not refurbished.
    im happy now
    08-27-09 08:17 AM
    How would getting a replacement work for those who are outside their 30 period? Also, what is the deal with the 1 year warranty? How does that work?

I was out of my 30 day period and got a perfect green dot replacement Tour.

I called them, might have been a 10-15 second conversation - took longer to get through their menus. I had it the next morning.
    08-27-09 08:26 AM
    I guess they just don't get it....

And now, without further adieu, I submit the following to the teeming "green dot masses":

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/go...-today-302857/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ju...t-tour-296634/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/re...esults-301908/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/wh...stores-301535/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/of...thread-301402/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ne...-tours-301243/

etc., etc., ad nauseam...

CaaaaaRIPES!!!
    08-27-09 08:34 AM
    I just ordered my green dot tour and I hope all the issues are fixed

08-27-09 08:51 AM
    My first Tour I just received was built the same day! Lol. Hoping all the "issues" are fixed. Does your battery door move side to side at the bottom just slightly?
    08-27-09 08:58 AM
    Nice! I wonder how that would work out for Sprint. Anyone know?

I was out of my 30 day period and got a perfect green dot replacement Tour.

I called them, might have been a 10-15 second conversation - took longer to get through their menus. I had it the next morning.
    08-27-09 09:11 AM
    I could care less where my green dot tour was made, or whether its a refurb or new. All I know is it's perfect!!
    08-27-09 09:11 AM
    Haha, I know. I think the sarcasm went waaayyy over their heads. I'll just be glad when all of this stops once everyone gets a good replacement.
    08-27-09 09:23 AM
    Haha, I know. I think the sarcasm went waaayyy over their heads. I'll just be glad when all of this stops once everyone gets a good replacement.
    I couldn't agree more...I really hate to turn into one of those "...use the search function" harpies, but holy smokes...you don't even need to use the search on this...there's no less than 4 of these "green dot" threads on the first page of this forum at any given time!

It's a puzzling phenomenon.
    08-27-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD