I have a brand new, sealed Verizon Wireless Tour I received through Asurion, and was wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to walk into a verizon store and exchange it for another phone (another BlackBerry)? Might be a silly question but I am curious. The reason I ask is because it is my third Tour (technically my fourth) and even though I love the phone, I am tired of the small problems. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 06:35 AM
    No, Verizon has discontinued their Multi-FRU program. They will just keep replacing your device with the same device until your contract is up, or you purchase a device at full retail. It sucks that people who tried to cheat the system, ruin it for people like you who have genuine issues.

03-09-10 07:07 AM
    Thank you for the response. I love the Tour and you never know, this may be "the one".

03-09-10 07:16 AM
    No, Verizon has discontinued their Multi-FRU program. They will just keep replacing your device with the same device until your contract is up, or you purchase a device at full retail. It sucks that people who tried to cheat the system, ruin it for people like you who have genuine issues.

When was this? Not that I dont believe you, but I never heard about that. Got a link?
    03-09-10 07:31 AM
    Go to the Verizon subforum here and and you can read about it.
    03-09-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD