Bought two tours, Mistake?
I bought two Blackberry Tours the are unlocked with verizon branding (using them on straight talk). The sms and calls work but I have a few problems. First, I got one to update to bb5 but the other one will not let me, it is bb4.7. Second, there is no Browser icon except if I hold down the BB button, and if I try using it, it says "your device does not currently have any browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Blah blah blah." Also, I can't get the app world till I get the browser on it. Finally, how do I set up mms?
Thank you in advance for any advice,
- 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM #2
Re: Bought two tours, Mistake?
You cannot use the browser or MMS on Straight Talk if you have a 9630.
Use of the browser, AppWorld and MMS requires a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) data plan, which Straight Talk does not offer.
Some BlackBerry devices will allow one to use WiFi and an alternate browser such as Opera Mini via WiFi. However, the 9630 does not have a WiFi radio.
The only thing that will work is phone and SMS.
- By AHVTEC in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2009, 04:06 PM
- By spierce7 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 24Last Post: 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
- By Spart1337 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 14Last Post: 08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
- By Stang68 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 68Last Post: 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
- By Wakko. in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 6Last Post: 07-21-2009, 12:21 AM