What are you using? ie. brand model #
    Cost?
    Quality of sound?
    Battery Life?

Happy with it?
    07-31-09 11:45 AM
    I have a Plantronics 220 (I think) that I got at Costco. Don't remember the price. Seems to work great. Nice and loud.
    07-31-09 12:35 PM
    I'm using the Jawbone2, which I had with my VZW Moto Razr3m. The Tour picked it up easily, and I really like it.

I did have some fit problems with the Jawbone2 originally, and the ear loops are prone to break if you force them or push the unit in your ear alot. But I bought some different earbuds (which are included with the new Jawbone), and some replacement ear loops, and the fit is much better. The new earbuds also seem to work fine without the earloops, which is an option, but I still use the ear loop (personal preference, I guess).

The controls (volume, answer, redial, on/off) are "hidden" on the unit and take some practice. But I picked them up quickly.

Cost was relatively high, approximatley $120. But it's the best I've found so far.

Battery life is excellent, I think. I did buy an automobile adapter/charger, and have used it a couple of times when the battery ran out while I was traveling. I really don't like to hold my phone to my ear when driving, so I use the Jawbone any time I'm in the car.

Sound quality is excellent, and it has a "noise assassin" feature which is supposed to block out external noise even when using it with car windows rolled down or while outdoors. I haven't had any complaints from callers on the other end.

In all, I highly recommend this bluetooth headset. (And, no, I don't work for them)
    07-31-09 12:39 PM
    jabra BT-2010 don't remember the price, but it works great. i just hate that i can't listen to music through it

so...

i ordered a pair of the Motorola s9 today...headphones for music and u can answer calls on them...hopefully i will get them soon and i can tell you how good they are
    07-31-09 12:41 PM
    jawbone II.. got it for 80 on ebay so it does the job.. Battery life is like 4 hours or so of talking i believe.
    07-31-09 12:43 PM
    plantronics voyager 510
    not a bad set, long battery love, but i dont use it a lot. only have to charge it ever couple of months, has wind and noice canceling. comfortable to wear. i wouldnt mind trying the new jawbone though...
    07-31-09 12:48 PM
    Jawbone2

Cost?
    $120

Quality of sound?
    Beyond excellent.

Battery Life?
    I live in California where we have a handsfree law so you get a ticket if you hold your phone up to your ear in the car. I use it every time I get in the car. If I don't actually talk that much it can go weeks before I recharge (and generally it's not actually dead yet, but I just throw it on the charger because I realize it's been a few weeks since I charged it). Even when I talk on it, I've never had it die on me. Of course I'm never in the car for more than a couple hours a day and always charge it when I get home after I've talked on it a lot.

Happy with it?
    Very. I don't find the hidden buttons difficult to use and voice dialing is a piece of cake. Overall it is the best blue tooth I've ever had and I've had 5 different ones. Best call quality by far.
    07-31-09 12:49 PM
    jabra BT-2010 don't remember the price, but it works great. i just hate that i can't listen to music through it

so...

i ordered a pair of the Motorola s9 today...headphones for music and u can answer calls on them...hopefully i will get them soon and i can tell you how good they are
    I'm using the Jabra BT530, not sure of the price, but it was reasonable. It has great call quality and most importantly, it's comfortable. It is the most comfortable BT that I have ever used.
    07-31-09 12:52 PM
    I am using a Plantronics 925, which I bought for $50 on eBay new and it works great call quality wise, good background noise cancellation, light (in ear design), does voice dialing and pairs with 2 phones. Battery life has never been an issue since the headset comes with a small case that also acts as a charger. And, to top it off - the headset comes with a MicroUSB charger and a MicroUSB data cable - interchangeable with the Tour

Review: Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset | CrackBerry.com
    07-31-09 12:53 PM
    Jawbone 2
    Newegg.com - $48.99 ( I couldn't believe it when I saw it either)

Works great. Good sound quality on my end and the callers end. I don't use the noise assasin feature. It works based on a littel white tab that is supposed to rest on your jaw/cheek area. Well it doesn't reach and even if I force it to, it still doesn't work due to facial hair. Even with out that it works great though.

My only complaint is more on the Blackberry side. None of the current Blackberries from Verizon (not sure about the Bold or 8900) allow you to listen to GPS directions through the bluetooth headset. The Pearl flip is the only one that has it listed in the options once in VZ Nav but it only allows directions to be transmitted to a car's built in bluetooth if you set it to Bluetooth - Allow.

I called CS and spoke to tech assistance and they seemed unaware but tried it out on the Tour, Storm and Pearl flip while I was on the phone and they then agreed that it does not work.
    07-31-09 01:15 PM
    with all this Jawbone feedback, i might have to get me one of those too lol
    07-31-09 01:16 PM
    BlueAnt V1

Cost?
    Typically 120

Quality of sound?
    Excellent

Battery Life?
    Best Ive had on a bluetooth yet

Happy with it?
    Very happy. I like it because it will tell you the incoming call # and you can answer or reject with voice commands.

I had a 925 plantronics and loved the confort and look but the way it sat in my ear people had a hard time hearing me. Tried a Jawbone 2 and garbage imo. Sound quality was there but would not stay in my ear and ear loops are prone to break quick. Definatly look into blueants imo.
    Even though I realy have no problems with my Jawbone, I have heard only good things about blueant and was actually hoping my Jabra bit the dust soon for an excuse to get a blueant.
    Oh by the way I couldn't get my Jawbone to stay in my ear either until I ordered an alternate earpeice they list on their site. There is no charge for the peice, just shipping which was less than $2.00. Once I got that peice the Jawbone stays in my ear perfectly. I keep the loop on but defintiely don't need it.
    07-31-09 01:23 PM
    Even though I realy have no problems with my Jawbone, I have heard only good things about blueant and was actually hoping my Jabra bit the dust soon for an excuse to get a blueant.
    Oh by the way I couldn't get my Jawbone to stay in my ear either until I ordered an alternate earpeice they list on their site. There is no charge for the peice, just shipping which was less than $2.00. Once I got that peice the Jawbone stays in my ear perfectly. I keep the loop on but defintiely don't need it.
    I got the alternate earpiece(s) as well, and the fit is much better. I understand that's what's included with the new Jawbone. I agree, the earloops aren't needed with the new earpiece, but I still use them too. It took a little experimentation to get the right combo. I use the medium earpiece with an extral long (ordered through Jawbone's website) leather covered earloop. I still prefer the Jawbone2 over others (I had a Plantronics Mobile Traveler prior) for look, sound quality, etc. But to each his own.
    07-31-09 04:33 PM
    Jawbone 2. Approx. $120. The best bluetooth piece I've ever used.
    07-31-09 05:50 PM
    plantronics 665
    excellent fit
    great sound
    loud
    good talk time
    can't remember price
    07-31-09 05:55 PM
    Plantronics Calisto
    Can't remember the price, but not cheap
    First BT I've been able to find that fits comfortably (I have very small ears) and has great sound on both ends (it has a boom mic)

It's actually part of the Plantronics Calisto phone system (for a home office), but I was able to order the headset only. After going through just about every BT made at the time, this was the definite winner.

Paired easily with my old 8830 and my new Tour.
    07-31-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD