Anyone notice their Tour speaker (not speakerphone mode, just regular ear speaker) sounds like its blown: crackle, buzz, distortion, just like a blown speaker. This is what mine is doing. Turning the volume down until I can't even hear the person talking and its still distorting; turn it up like I always had on my Curve and the conversation is impossible to hear. My relic Curve sounds better.

Anybody else notice this, or am I the lucky one with a busted speaker?
    07-17-09 04:49 PM
    Yeah mine was doing the same thing. I brought it back to the store today and got a new one and it has been good so far
    07-17-09 04:51 PM
    I do not have this problem on mine. I have used it to make several phone calls so far and I do not notice any weird kind of noises coming from the speaker. I would take it back if I were you.
    07-17-09 04:53 PM
    i have had no problems
    07-17-09 08:03 PM
    yea, i have noticed that when i play music through the speaker on the tour at mid to high volumes it sounds a little distorted like a blown speaker. at lower volumes it sounds ok though
    07-17-09 08:10 PM
    yea, i have noticed that when i play music through the speaker on the tour at mid to high volumes it sounds a little distorted like a blown speaker. at lower volumes it sounds ok though
    same; they're all the same.. [: so it's okay. It depends on the music files you play or how loud the other person is talking (and volume)
    07-18-09 05:35 PM
    I took back my first Tour because of a "crackly" ear speaker...you're not the only one. The Verizon store didn't have a problem exchanging it.
    07-18-09 11:26 PM
    I think there all like that personally. Mine did it when I first got it, but since then it has stopped.
    07-19-09 12:14 AM
    This just happend to mine about a week ago. Sounds terrible. Take it back and tell them the speakers blown or something?
    10-14-09 06:51 PM
    mine does this as well.
    10-24-09 08:12 PM
    Mine does this when I have the volume up really high. It's kind of annoying, but when you turn the volume down, it's dealable.
    10-24-09 08:26 PM
    You can turn the volume down and also enhance the treble when you have it in call mode under options, that helps sometimes.
    10-24-09 08:29 PM
    You can turn the volume down and also enhance the treble when you have it in call mode under options, that helps sometimes.
    Excellent fix, you hit the nail on the head with the "Enhance the treble" thing. I can have the volume all the way up and there is NO buzz now.

Go to phone log, menu button, options, general options, enhance handset call audio > boost treble.

fixed it for me! I am so happy!! no more buzz
    10-24-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD