I'm writing this for my mother who has a Blackberry Tour 9630 but doesn't have a crackberry account. Does anyone know of any 3rd party apps or any options to block MMS/SMS texts from a certain individual or a list of people you want to block? My mom said she is constantly getting barraged by vulgar and discriminatory MMS and SMS text messages. You know you've all gotten atleast one in your life time, some stupid sick perverted FWD: well, she's getting them all the time from a person she has told repeatedly to stop sending them to her and wants to be able to block this number from sending them to her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-23-10 01:38 PM
    Options/Security Options/Firewall

Enable the firewall and check MMS and then check except from contacts or choose specific address.

Hope that helps.
    04-23-10 01:43 PM
    You can also go the carriers website and can block certain numbers/sms/mms etc. from going to her phone.
    04-23-10 01:50 PM
    Yes, you can do it on the MyVerizon account page for the account. You can block 5 numbers for free.
    04-23-10 01:57 PM
    Here see which one best for you Superstore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 02:00 PM
    thank you everybody for the help, I forwarded everything on to her, so hopefully she can get the crap blocked. I appreciate all the help :-)
    04-23-10 03:51 PM
    The verizon page will let you block SMS not mms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 08:38 PM
    Options/Security Options/Firewall

Enable the firewall and check MMS and then check except from contacts or choose specific address.

Hope that helps.

This one worked for me ... Good luck
    05-07-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD