I know these two topics (or at least the first one) have been covered on this forum extensively before, but I've never been able to find a satisfactory answer. I'd like to preface this by saying that yesterday, I received my FIFTH Blackberry from Verizon within the past year. Yes, five phones in a single year. I went through three Curves and this is now my second Tour. I am on Verizon.

The problem with the blinking red light is this: it has been haunting me since my second Curve. My phone will vibrate, sometimes multiple times in a row, with no reason at all. There are no new messages or notifications for me to check. I know this for a fact. Furthermore, I doubt it's my apps that are causing the problem, because the only application I have downloaded right now is the Google search app (with Google Mail and Google Maps), yet I am still experiencing the ghost vibrations/LED notifications. I purposely did not download the Facebook app yesterday when I was setting up my Tour because I wanted to see if that was the problem. It wasn't. I didn't have any blinking red lights yesterday in the few hours I was using the phone, but when I woke up this morning it was doing it again and it's been doing it all day.

I don't want to know how to get rid of the light temporarily. I know a battery pull will remove it until the next time it starts again, and I know there's an app I can download to "reset" the LED light. I want to know why it happens and how to stop it. Why does this haunt me?! My boyfriend, who has been using his Blackberry for longer than me, never has dealt with this problem. It's gotten to the point where I can't leave my phone on vibrate and always have it on silent because it'll vibrate constantly for no reason.

Secondly, I will periodically receive clumps of old, read messages (usually three, and usually from a month or so ago) in my inbox. They will already be read, but they reappear randomly and for no reason. I never really delete anything off my Blackberry but instead have it set so that it only stores messages for 15 days. These messages that reappear can be old emails, old Facebook notifications... What's going on???

If anyone can offer me any insight at all, I'd be forever grateful. Sorry this is so long. I went through five Blackberries hoping it was a defect in the phone, but clearly it's not. I really don't understand. Help
    Last edited by sinkthatship; 02-09-10 at 03:32 PM.
    02-09-10 03:23 PM
    The red light could mean a signal that you are in a coverage area. This can be turned off under Options >Screen/Keyboard >LED Coverage Indicator. Set that to off. No idea why you get random vibrating or old messages.
    02-09-10 03:44 PM
    The red light could mean a signal that you are in a coverage area. This can be turned off under Options >Screen/Keyboard >LED Coverage Indicator. Set that to off. No idea why you get random vibrating or old messages.
    usually this is a green light.

this happens to me sometimes. i usually get my wife to send a text, open it and that usually takes care of the light situation.

now as for your other issues idk dude, sounds haunted, you may want to contact your provider.
    02-09-10 04:06 PM
    Consider restoring your device to an earlier stage. Or wipe your handheld.
    05-31-11 03:40 AM
    Consider restoring your device to an earlier stage. Or wipe your handheld.
    It is not a PC, You cannot use a restore point like a PC, You can either try and do a soft reset or hard reset, Wipe your device after a backup and reload your OS.
    05-31-11 06:56 PM
    Sounds like he has the sync setting turned on in his email settings or in gmail. my suggestion is when you delete a message select delete on handheld and mail box.
    06-01-11 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD