lol not my listing but check it out... jus an easy mill for that domain name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-Niagara-Domain-Name-BlackBerryNiagara-com_W0QQitemZ170294817563QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item170294817563&_trksid=p3286.c 0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|24 0%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

or search blackberry niagara on fleabay.

lol sorry if this isnt interesting
    Last edited by debitsohn; 03-21-09 at 06:27 PM.
    03-21-09 06:23 PM
    Haha, how stupid. That domain will be worth nothing as soon as RIM releases the real name for the 9630.
    03-21-09 06:47 PM
    I called and offered $500,000, but he rejected it :\
    (kidding kidding)

He could have at least used a capital "B" for "berry" in the name (though I understand it doesn't matter for the webaddress...just makes it look more official when posting since that is RIM's rule).

Do you think the site would really generate enough revenue to pay for itself?
    03-21-09 06:49 PM
    I dont see any possible way for to make a million from that domain in a short period of time. Its not acai berry Even if they did some CPA offers such as the "Free ipod" thing, where they just have people signup up for a bunch of offers to get one free. Even with CPC like Adsense won't make any money of that term. I just checked the adwords keyword tool for "Blackberry niagra" and CPC is 8cents, so payout on adsense would be a couple pennies at best. General Blackberry keywords go for $3-4 at best, so payout would only be a couple bucks at best there too. I can't see any more than a few thousand made off that site. And like I mentioned in the previous post, once the official name is released people will forget about the name Niagra, for example look how much hype was made around the "Thunder" then once the "Storm" was annouced the Thunder faded out very quick. Longtail domain names can rank good on search engines, so if people were searching blackberry niagra that domain would be a good choice, but no one will be searching it in a couple months.
    Last edited by Shao128; 03-21-09 at 07:09 PM.
    03-21-09 07:05 PM
    I dont see any possible way for to make a million from that domain in a short period of time. Its not acai berry Even if they did some CPA offers such as the "Free ipod" thing, where they just have people signup up for a bunch of offers to get one free. Even with CPC like Adsense won't make any money of that term. I just checked the adwords keyword tool for "Blackberry niagra" and CPC is 8cents, so payout on adsense would be a couple pennies at best. General Blackberry keywords go for $3-4 at best, so payout would only be a couple bucks at best there too. I can't see any more than a few thousand made off that site. And like I mentioned in the previous post, once the official name is released people will forget about the name Niagra, for example look how much hype was made around the "Thunder" then once the "Storm" was annouced the Thunder faded out very quick. Longtail domain names can rank good on search engines, so if people were searching blackberry niagra that domain would be a good choice, but no one will be searching it in a couple months.
    wow lol. thanks no one else needs to post now since you spelled it out from top to bottom.
    03-21-09 10:21 PM
    great post Shao
    03-22-09 03:13 PM
    probably held by domain pirates now
    03-22-09 04:04 PM
    no return policy dont trust it lol
    03-22-09 04:21 PM
    Now that's funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:51 AM
    Quality haha.
    05-08-09 09:53 AM
    Haha, there are already 4 offers
    05-08-09 10:35 AM
    Now that the name is Tour, I guess that name isn't worth much. Poor guy!
    05-12-09 01:23 PM
    Haha, how stupid. That domain will be worth nothing as soon as RIM releases the real name for the 9630.
    RIM often buys the codename URLS as well...in this case, they use their power with ICANN to have the domain switched to their name servers claiming intellectual property rights. They have done it on numerous occasions.

Prime example of this is blackberry9000.com, before Bold launch it was owned by an individual, the info was on the whois records and everything, a few mnths before actual launch it was then switched to RIM's name servers and on launch re routed to Bold Features: BlackBerry Bold Features at BlackBerry.com
    06-03-09 10:53 PM
    Isn't it crazy....lol... Domains by Proxy, Inc. is the registrar of "BLACKBERRY9630.COM" AND "blackberrytour.com" but RIM owns "blackberry9360.com". Although, Domains by Proxy is just a front company for people that don't want you to know who owns the site.

Weird but logical.... buy up the sites that are common typos, then use the intellectual property argument to take over ownership of the URLs that use the correct names...

GO RIM!!!!!
    06-04-09 12:13 AM
    well..

when you own something you can't risk what you own getting mislead into something else...

so it makes sense that they grab the urls that are close to there product
    06-04-09 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD