Hey all,

Ok, after reading here (Customize Sound Profiles on the BlackBerry Tour | CrackBerry.com) I understand that you are to set your desired settings in the NORMAL profile, and then the medium and loud profiles simple raise or lower the volume of the normal profile accordingly.....correct?

I have the ring levels in my NORMAL profile set to 7 - and when i go to the medium or loud profile, the volume level still says 7. I can't seem to get anything to change between profiles.

I consider myself extremely computer/gadget savvy, and am shocked at how confusing this profile system seems to be (perhaps I am making it too difficult)...

Thanks,

Matt!
    11-05-09 06:57 PM
    there is a bug with the operating system on the phone. you have to upgrade your OS to get rid of it.
    11-05-09 07:23 PM
    there is a bug with the operating system on the phone. you have to upgrade your OS to get rid of it.
    I guess i'll have to wait - since I just upgraded to the newest Sprint OS yesterday (v4.7.1.110)

Odd,

Thanks,

Matt!
    11-05-09 07:29 PM
    look around for the leak of OS 5.0.. its around somewhere and it fixes said issue
    11-05-09 07:44 PM
    Sofa,

Thanks for the heads-up. Depending on how long it is before OS 5.0 is officially released for Sprint, I may just do that.

Later,

Matt!
    11-05-09 08:32 PM
    ...I have the ring levels in my NORMAL profile set to 7 - and when i go to the medium or loud profile, the volume level still says 7. I can't seem to get anything to change between profiles.
    The numerical value won't change, only the audible values. For example, if you set normal to 4, medium will be 7 and loud will be 10 [only discernible by your ears].
    11-05-09 08:46 PM
    I believe you are correct with your idea of how the profiles work on the tour. It has taken me two months to figure this out. Every once in awhile they don't always work as they should. Mainly for me I don't get the tone, only a red light like in silent mode. I believe this is the bug. Only a battery pull works for me and it doesn't last long before it's acting up again. I'm waiting only the official 5.0 release myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 09:14 PM
    Unfortunately, even at 10 the ringtones aren't that loud. So for me, I use normal (at 10) and vibrate-only when I want no sound. The other profiles are worthless to me.
    11-05-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD