I find it completely strange that the Curve has a ridiculously high rating compared to the Storm. How can their internals be so different that the Curve is almost double the Storm's level?

I guess the Curve gets beyond excellent service bars?

I really hope the Tour is much lower (in the Storm range).
    My Curve has gotten some of the best service ever.

SAR is not something I'm worried about if it means getting great coverage.

And I always assumed my ear got hot because I was holding something against it trapping in the heat (which your ears are actually one of the biggest heat radiators the body has). That seems more likely.
    06-23-09 07:59 AM
    And I always assumed my ear got hot because I was holding something against it trapping in the heat (which your ears are actually one of the biggest heat radiators the body has). That seems more likely.
    You're entitled to think what you wish, but science has shown your BRAIN heats up with cell phone use... not just your ear. Your ear is getting warm from the cell phone's radio.

I am not claiming a cancer risk or other unfounded declarations, but cell phones are known to affect human tissue. Your eyes are especially vulnerable. Just use a blutooth; problem solved. (note: bluetooths are known to cause hearing loss due to people cranking up the volume too loud... fyi.)

HowStuffWorks "How Cell-phone Radiation Works"
    06-23-09 08:26 AM
    I'm not as worried about the risk to me as I am for all the young people using cell phones. I have a younger son and I only let him use the phone rarely via the speaker phone or the bluetooth.
    06-23-09 09:27 AM
    I'm not as worried about the risk to me as I am for all the young people using cell phones. I have a younger son and I only let him use the phone rarely via the speaker phone or the bluetooth.
    Probably a good policy since a developing brain will be more vulnerable... I have found that kids txt a lot and talk little.... I'm pretty much at that same pattern now except when driving in the car.
    06-23-09 12:40 PM
    At least you know that you will lower your light bill one day when you start glowing.
    06-23-09 03:37 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-tou...es-fcc-testing

Did I read the FCC report right? 1.43 for head, 0.53 for body? Really disappointed it's so high.
    06-29-09 06:48 PM
    Seems to be better than the dreaded curve or pearl at least
    06-29-09 06:49 PM
    1.54 for the Curve. You really celebrating a 7% improvement? I want to know what the difference is when the 'guts' are supposed to be the same as the Storm.
    06-29-09 07:02 PM
    Looks like I am going to get a bluetooth piece for my gf.
    06-29-09 07:06 PM
    If you look closely at the results, there's something fishy in those results.

The left head cheek results vary wildy from the right head cheek.

Left head cheek has a minimum of 1.20 (avg of 1.32) while right head cheek has a max of 1.04(avg of 0.91)
    06-29-09 07:15 PM
    There's a lot of speculation on this. I hope we get more clarification in 2 weeks. This phone would be practiaclly twice as bad as the SAR rating on my LG vx9900 .
    06-29-09 07:30 PM
    Who cares? I sure don't. With all the harmful things in this world that there are no reports on, it's all academic. Just don't live life like a wuss.
    06-29-09 08:49 PM
    I won't buy a phone with a SAR rating of 1.43. Sorry RIM. . .
    06-30-09 03:51 PM
    Even the wired headsets aren't the best things to use. Although they may not release radiation, anything that has electricity passing throughout creates AND attracts EM (Electromagnetic) fields. This in turn would effect electric activity within the brain, so I say keep your calls short, and use the speaker whenever possible.

Also another tip.. when you are initiating a call, the instant between pressing the dial key and waiting for the call to connect, the most radiation is emitted at that point as the device attempts to connect with the cell tower, hold it up to your ear once the timer starts.
    Last edited by raji.t; 06-30-09 at 04:12 PM.
    06-30-09 04:08 PM
    If the internals of the Tour are similar to the Storm, why the heck is their a higher rating?!
    06-30-09 05:14 PM
    http://www.wingover.ch/Elektrosmog/cancer.pdf

Journal appears to be scholarly, peer reviewed, etc. It doesn't look like SAR is particularly relevant.
    06-30-09 08:18 PM
    Another one stating there is little/no evidence that RF radiation causes cancer:

http://users.ntua.gr/mmakro/healthrisk-mobile.pdf
    06-30-09 08:20 PM
    I decided to look in depth about this, and instead of citing all the articles I'm reading, I'll just say that if you take some time to look, the majority of the articles that are most cited in scholarly literature point towards RF radiation from cell phones having virtually no biological effects (I did not find one that found results to the contrary). That being said, if anyone can direct me towards evidence (AKA not Newsweek, but actual scientific journal articles) that RF radiation is harmful, I would like to read it.
    06-30-09 08:26 PM
    I find it rather amusing that people accept the idea that radiation of any sort is ok. Granted, we are exposed to natural radiation, but you don't need a peer-reviewed article to tell you that radiation is NEVER good for the human body. The question is when does it become too much and there are too many variables to point to cell phones as the "cause" of any health problems. However, if you plan to have a cell phone on your body for the majority of your waking hours, you CANNOT ignore SAR ratings. With radiation, it's not simply exposure but accumulation that you must address. The FCC is setting standards for standard usage, but what if you hold your phone to your head for 3,000 minutes a month as I do? It's up to you if you want to take this stuff seriously or not, but I think it's worth considering when you buy a phone.
    06-30-09 09:27 PM
    OMGZ death from cell phone
    06-30-09 09:34 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD