Anyone have this information?
    06-10-09 03:58 PM
    not to be a weiner, but who cares what it is?
    06-10-09 10:10 PM
    this information is important to some people. im not too pleased knowing im carrying a 8330 which has the highest SAR rating of almost all mobile phones.. am i truely worried? no. but its still good to know
    06-10-09 10:27 PM
    this information is important to some people. im not too pleased knowing im carrying a 8330 which has the highest SAR rating of almost all mobile phones.. am i truely worried? no. but its still good to know
    Is the 8330 really that bad? How do you know?
    06-11-09 12:18 AM
    Is the 8330 really that bad? How do you know?
    RIM cell phone radiation chart - CNET Reviews
    06-11-09 01:36 AM
    Wow. Curve is 4th highest in the US

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 06:08 AM
    I actually find this interesting. I use my cell phone all the time. Now I too wonder what the SAR rating is. I would imagine that using a blue tooth, or a simple wired headset, should minimize or reduce the harmful effects when the phone is held a least a foot away from your head, correct?
    06-11-09 08:17 AM
    I'd have to assume it is somewhere around the Storm levels. No?
    06-11-09 08:25 AM
    I'm hoping it will be the same as the Storm - one of the lowest SAR ratings in RIM's lineup - since their 'guts' are roughly the same. As a user that averages 3,000 minutes of talk time a month, it would be silly to ignore the phone's radiation.
    06-11-09 09:02 AM
    3000 minutes better get a plantronics blue tooth set geez

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:37 AM
    Research has NOT concluded a standardized risk from cell phones... however, its been long established that the temperature of the human brain will go up on the side thats using the phone. So use a bluetooth if you're worried... BUT, know that hearing loss has been associated with bluetooth headsets because people turn up the volume too high, so watch that too.
    06-11-09 10:40 AM
    Thats why they invented speakerphone.. Use it often (when your able to of course)
    06-11-09 10:45 AM
    Does a wired headset offer better protection than a bluetooth? I would imagine so, right? (Of course the volume level is a different issue all together.)
    06-11-09 10:55 AM
    From what I have read, yes the wired headpiece has no SAR rating worth mentioning, however neither does bluetooth have a SAR value worth mentioning (franctions of a percent compared to the phone up to your ear).

Ever notice that your ear gets hot when you're talking for a long time on the phone? So does your brain. I'm not "worried" about it; I use the darn thing all the time. But with a bluetooth (or wired piece) that doesn't happen.
    06-11-09 11:46 AM
    I find it completely strange that the Curve has a ridiculously high rating compared to the Storm. How can their internals be so different that the Curve is almost double the Storm's level?

I guess the Curve gets beyond excellent service bars?

I really hope the Tour is much lower (in the Storm range).
    06-11-09 01:13 PM
    I had called RIM about the Tour SAR rating. The rep, very nice guy, dug through the marketing package he said he had recently received and said he couldn't find any info about the SAR rating.

He did say that he thought it would be similar to the Curve because the Tour was a Curve with a bigger processor.

OK, I'm a real newbie here but I thought I read somewhere that the Tour was going to be more akin to a Storm with a keyboard???

I was wondering if someone like Radio had something more concrete re the Tour SAR rating before I go off and buy low SAR Storms. Thanks much.
    06-22-09 11:29 AM
    Psh, who makes calls with their phones anyway?
    06-22-09 11:49 AM
    I had called RIM about the Tour SAR rating. The rep, very nice guy, dug through the marketing package he said he had recently received and said he couldn't find any info about the SAR rating.

He did say that he thought it would be similar to the Curve because the Tour was a Curve with a bigger processor.

OK, I'm a real newbie here but I thought I read somewhere that the Tour was going to be more akin to a Storm with a keyboard???

I was wondering if someone like Radio had something more concrete re the Tour SAR rating before I go off and buy low SAR Storms. Thanks much.
    I hope that it's not close to the Curve because, from the report, the Curve has the 4th highest SAR rating.....not good.
    06-22-09 11:51 AM
    The 60 Hz running through your walls and high voltage lines is worse for you than the phone, but you should still consider the phone. You are basically holding a quart to half watt transmitter running anywhere from 800 MHz to 2100 MHz up to your head. Assuming same power levels, the 800 MHz is worse for you cause it penetrates deeper into human tissue than higher frequencies. Just get bluetooth if your on the phone all the time or for lengthier conversations. Much lower power and higher frequency.
    06-22-09 12:40 PM
    When you use a bluetooth or a wired headpiece in many if not most situations, a lot of people put their phone in their front pocket. If there is a health risk of cancer or tumours, is it really that much more comforting to have the phone near the crotch area?
    06-22-09 01:01 PM
    In my case, I already use a bluetooth for calls, but with my business I will log significant time just holding a Blackberry.

A lot of browser time and potential use as a mobile barcode scanner for inventory. So not near my head, but...
    06-22-09 01:19 PM
    When you use a bluetooth or a wired headpiece in many if not most situations, a lot of people put their phone in their front pocket. If there is a health risk of cancer or tumours, is it really that much more comforting to have the phone near the crotch area?
    I have heard the same thing, which is why I don't carry my phones in my pant pockets anymore.
    06-22-09 04:32 PM
    Does a wired headset offer better protection than a bluetooth? I would imagine so, right? (Of course the volume level is a different issue all together.)
    You're right, a wired headset does offer better protection than bluetooth. Bluetooth emits radiation as well. I would suggest either using a wired headset or speaker phone (although I know this can not always be done). If you cannot do this try switching between your left and right ears every 5 minutes to reduce radiation build up.
    06-22-09 06:34 PM
    wow.......you people really think your cellphone is gonna cause your weiner to fall off or your eyes to explode from a brain tumor abnormality or something else incredibly weird because of your BB curve or other high SAR device?
    its propoganda to sell headsets thats all it was. your microwave oven probably is more dangerous. heck, lets not forget all the cancer causing radio waves out there one crazy frequencies, or the diseased airplane you fly on, or that gas pump you use to pump your own gas, or the pollution you breathe sitting in traffic, or for those in NYC or other cities with major subway lines....dont touch those handrails they got more diseases than africa.

not being a schmuck, just making a point that wireless devices are not something to be concerned about. if you are gonna get brain tumors from wireless device use, your gonna get it no matter what device it is regardless of SAR rating
    Last edited by sigtwenty; 06-22-09 at 06:56 PM.
    06-22-09 06:51 PM
    Call it paranoia if you will, but I'd rather have less radiation near my head and body than more.

And for you naysayers, I suggest you ask a radiologist to join you in the room next time you get an x-ray. They won't do it. It's not because they're going to suddenly lose a limb, or get cancer, but radiation builds up in the body over time. In their profession, they won't take that chance.

Why should you?
    06-22-09 10:07 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD