So, i'm leaving in a few hours to spend 3 weeks in Puerto Rico for the holidays. Around this time of the year, there's a 1 hour time difference from Virginia to Puerto Rico. Last time I went I didnt have a Berry.

Is there anything I have to do before I leave, or will my phone update it's time once I get there? Any help is appreciated.
    12-15-09 04:21 PM
    It works fine there !! Been there many times, and it works all over, will find a few dead spots
    12-15-09 04:23 PM
    Sounds good. Thanks man. Just wanted to make sure it'll show the correct time.
    12-15-09 04:32 PM
    You still have to correct the time in your OPTIONS / DATE,TIME /Change it to the proper zone ATLANTIC TIME -4
    12-15-09 04:37 PM
    You still have to correct the time in your OPTIONS / DATE,TIME /Change it to the proper zone ATLANTIC TIME -4
    Thats the info I needed! Thanks. Good to go now.
    12-15-09 04:40 PM
    The only other thing worth mentioning is that you will be roaming (verizon has no native service is P.R.). Signal strength is really good in San Juan but decreases when you head west and then picks up again near Ponce or Mayaguez. I'm in P.R. 6 - 8 weeks per year.

You won't be able to get MMS messages!

Have a great trip.
    12-15-09 05:44 PM
    I won't be charged extra for roaming will I?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 09:57 PM
    I won't be charged extra for roaming will I?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If your plan includes it, then no, you shouldn't. Enjoy the warm weather over here! And be the envy of everyone when you return to the US!
    12-15-09 10:27 PM
    I had read that PR was included in my National Access coverage, but I still had a roaming indicator on my screen for the duration of a trip in Summer 09 (and "extended network" in my network status). I called customer service just to confirm I wasn't getting nailed with any roaming charges, and after a little research, the rep confirmed I was in the clear, and also was nice enough to put a note on the account saying he had confirmed that.
    12-15-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD