Hi all I need help urgently!

My tour was working fine in the night however, in the morning I couldn't wake up coz the alarm didn't went off on my BB. When I eventually woke ip I saw the alarm on snooze and 14 missed calls !!!

Since than I noticed that the ringtones aren't working on the phone at all !!! I can converse through the earpiece but it won't ring now the msg alerts go off for incoming.

I tried playing ringtones but even that doesn't work the videos work but with no sound. Even the device notifications cannot be heard like full battery charge chime etc !!!

I haven't done anything new to the phone no os upgrade nothing no new app installed !!!! I've tried battery pull atleast 3 times but is has not helped the case !!!

I need to have this sorted out so pls help the phone's barely 8 months old !!!

Pls help
    12-15-10 12:14 AM
    Mine did the same thing on Friday. Was like that for 3 hours and just started working normally all of a sudden. I had no sound from any of those things you mentioned and battery pull didn't help either. Don't know why it happened, but hasn't happened any other time.
    12-19-10 08:49 PM
    Mine was doing this all weekend and today it seems absolutely normal. Very strange and it has never happened before...
    12-20-10 09:49 AM
    That is terrible.
    12-20-10 05:42 PM
    I dropped mine last night and today it wasnt ringing or giving me any alerts at all. I whacked it a few times against my laptop and it started working again. *Shrug* Whatever works.
    12-27-10 05:52 PM
    Mine stopped ringing for two days. Did a battery pull and switched sound profiles back and forth. Rapped it on the desk a couple of times. I took it to the store and while I was waiting, I edited the Normal profile to Vibrate On so I wouldn't miss any more calls and texts. It started ringing again. Never did see the store technician.
    12-31-10 12:28 PM
    I had the same problem, I ended up calling tech support, and they sent me a new one, because it was some kind of software problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 04:11 PM
    Hi all I need help urgently!

My tour was working fine in the night however, in the morning I couldn't wake up coz the alarm didn't went off on my BB. When I eventually woke ip I saw the alarm on snooze and 14 missed calls !!!

Since than I noticed that the ringtones aren't working on the phone at all !!! I can converse through the earpiece but it won't ring now the msg alerts go off for incoming.

I tried playing ringtones but even that doesn't work the videos work but with no sound. Even the device notifications cannot be heard like full battery charge chime etc !!!

I haven't done anything new to the phone no os upgrade nothing no new app installed !!!! I've tried battery pull atleast 3 times but is has not helped the case !!!

I need to have this sorted out so pls help the phone's barely 8 months old !!!

Pls help
    I know this is the obvious but did you check your sound profile to make sure it is on Loud or anything that would make it ring and not have it on Silent, Vibrate or even your side keys that control volume. Make a call and see where the sound bars are set to and that the speaker is active so you know it is working.

Are you up to date on your OS for your device and carrier?

You might even presuming everything else I asked it set correctly might have to to a backup using your DM and then wipe your device and reload your OS and make sure to the latest one. Hope this works for you.
    12-31-10 05:59 PM
    I had this happen on & off ever since I had my Tour. I've had several different OS installed & it doesn't seem to matter because it's happened with all of them. After the last time it happened, yesterday, I went into the event log & noticed Pandora was causing a 'severe error'. I deleted Pandora & hoping that was the problem. Anyone else having this issue with Pandora?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 08:38 PM
    A couple of things to check...

Are you in "bedside mode?" That could be screwing you up.

Also, where are the files for your ringtones/alerts stored? If they are on the media card, they might not work right when you are plugged into the charger. They need to be stored on the device.
    01-04-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD