I have had my BB Tour for around 3 months and the last couple of weeks, the phone get extremely slow, and has a really tough time navigating to different icons and applications. I have next to nothing on the phone interms of using alot of memory. Even if I take the battery out, or even reset the whole phone, the issues persist. Any ideas?
    11-22-09 09:35 AM
    hmm thats interesting. I think the only think I would recommend you doing then is do a Wipe on your phone and re-install the OS onto your phone. Sounds like something is screwed up in your OS on the phone right now. Do you know how to do this?
    11-22-09 10:07 AM
    no, id do not. COuld you send me a link or guide me through it some how?
    11-22-09 10:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Thats the guide for wiping your phone with jlcmdr and reinstalling. You will need to have an operating system for your phone installed if you don't. Not a difficult task at all. I'd suggest giving 5.0.0.230 a shot since you are wiping your phone anyway. Most people using it like it better than the 4.7 os's. Here's a link for it. http://skyscan.homeserver.com/blackb...-5.0.0.230.exe
    Last edited by w1z4rd; 11-22-09 at 10:45 AM.
    11-22-09 10:35 AM
    I've had my tour for about a month and I notice that when I switch thru icons the little time clock comes on the screen for a couple of seconds and then disappears and then the icon opens is that a normal 4.7 os running problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:49 PM
    I've had my tour for about a month and I notice that when I switch thru icons the little time clock comes on the screen for a couple of seconds and then disappears and then the icon opens is that a normal 4.7 os running problem?

No it is not normal, I would wipe and reinstall your desired OS, one of the posters above posted a link.

11-22-09 10:27 PM
    thanks LawP will do that tonight hopefully it will run faster after .
    11-23-09 07:56 AM
    I would recommend the leaked os 5.0.230 as well. After the upgrade I have had vitually no issues with my phone. I use it constantly every day running multiple programs with no lag and much better battery life. Can't wait for the official os release.

11-23-09 11:31 AM
    Notice how practically every post about Tour lag relates to the official OS 4.7.1...
    11-23-09 01:14 PM
    I have had my BB Tour for around 3 months and the last couple of weeks, the phone get extremely slow, and has a really tough time navigating to different icons and applications. I have next to nothing on the phone interms of using alot of memory. Even if I take the battery out, or even reset the whole phone, the issues persist. Any ideas?
    How many messages do you have in your phone?
    They eat up memory too...

Dm
    11-23-09 01:22 PM
    Yep, that's verizon's load for ya.
    I'm running the 5.0 irtehun hybrid and I can have 9 apps open and running before it starts to take a performance hit.

I've not had any running issues with the OS load since I loaded it up.

Dm
    11-23-09 01:23 PM
    I am having some lag issues as well and my boot time keeps going up. Does it do any good to use the wipe in security options and reinstall apps and data or does the OS need to be reloaded to have any impact?
    11-23-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD