Can someone tlel me how to get the Blackberry Tour to connect to the Rogers 3G network and not this piece of Sh*t EDGE .. i'm going nuts someone help please...
    10-03-09 06:32 PM
    You cant, you will only get edge with Rogers using the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 06:59 PM
    will rogers EVER get on to the 2100mhz band? should i hold the tour or just switch to the bold?
    10-04-09 09:28 AM
    Depends how patient you are. Even IF Rogers would go on the 2100 mhz band (highly doubt it),it wont be tomorrow. If 3G is really important , get the Bold (i would wait for the 9700) . People with the 8900 with Rogers arent complaining that much with EDGE, is it really that bad?

Last edited by GG1; 10-04-09 at 10:14 AM.
    10-04-09 10:11 AM
    well ... i just bought the tour and only to find that i cant get on 3G you know.. reason why i bought it in a way.. not that i use internet tooo much.. but wen i do (the once or twice) in the day, its horrible and just irritating you know.. im can wait but is the bold just like the tour? same feel and stuff on it? i mean wats diff about the tour? i think i should sell the tour and buy the bold and just hang on to that for a year if i have to till 4 g or sumthing.. can you give me some insight on this bro? thanks
    10-04-09 10:46 AM
    will rogers EVER get on to the 2100mhz band? should i hold the tour or just switch to the bold?
    Not in North America, the 2100Mhz band is widely used in Europe, but the 2100Mhz band used here uses a different pairing frequency and technology than overseas.
    So no, the Tour will very likely not be able to use GSM 3G speeds here.

The tour is a CDMA world phone with GSM compatability for travelling overseas where a CDMA signal is not available. It was never intended to be used as GSM only, thus why you will only get EDGE with it here.
    Last edited by Zolutar; 10-04-09 at 12:45 PM.
    10-04-09 12:42 PM
    well ... i just bought the tour and only to find that i cant get on 3G you know.. reason why i bought it in a way.. not that i use internet tooo much.. but wen i do (the once or twice) in the day, its horrible and just irritating you know.. im can wait but is the bold just like the tour? same feel and stuff on it? i mean wats diff about the tour? i think i should sell the tour and buy the bold and just hang on to that for a year if i have to till 4 g or sumthing.. can you give me some insight on this bro? thanks
    I feel for ya bro, but if you had done more research you would have plainly seen the Tour does not acheive 3G on GSM networks in North America. It wasnt made for it, see my above post. I would hold onto it for now. All 3 canadian carriers are building their 4G networks now and we should be seeing some fancy new phones in the new year.
    10-04-09 12:44 PM
    All 3 canadian carriers are building their 4G networks now and we should be seeing some fancy new phones in the new year.

Impatiently waiting for this !

10-04-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD