i have the samsung moment and the blackberry 9630 i like my android but i love my blackberry
    12-08-09 08:14 PM
    i agree with ^him. it's all personal preference. i hate living in fear of rebooting my device or update/installing an app. i've bricked my phone so much that it's just ridiculous. i cannot wait to move to an Android device. My year cannot come soon enough. if you don't revolve a lot of online activities/apps around google, you're obviously going to dislike the Droid
    and also its pretty easy to brick an android just as easy as bricking a blackberry if not easier
    12-08-09 08:19 PM
    I'm not sure where this myth about a high return rate for droid is coming from. The only place I ever hear it is here on CB. If you go to any of the Droid forums you wont find many unhappy people. A poll on android central had 165 people loving their phone and 2 people not loving it. I switched from a tour and there's no way I'd ever consider going back.

Btw- I just checked and my phone has been up 10 days (when I turned it off to go on a plane), even with app updates and uninstalls. When I do need to restart my phone it takes 2 minutes max. This is a very stable phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 08:52 PM
    Every forum is biased to all crap and beyond... Polls are stupid and not representative of anything.

Same goes for all the "you must reset every BB constantly" bullcrap... Granted on the older (83xx or older we are talking several years old) models the app memory would become an issue eventually, but most of the newer devices you should be able to run something like 10 days easily. I've done it on my Bold many times, which has far less app memory than the recent devices.

A large amount of people adopting a new phone (doesn't matter what phone it is), getting tired of it, feeling it doesn't live up to the hype, wanting a different phone, or wanting their old phone back and returning it is expected.
    Last edited by papped; 12-08-09 at 08:59 PM.
    12-08-09 08:56 PM
    I also went and got the Hero and after a week I went back to the BB tour.
    12-08-09 10:17 PM
    Folks I had the droid too - the Phone protion tx/rx is better than the bb but thats just agains the tour. You have to remember that the tour is to fill in for verizon not having the iPhone and its a terrific shot at it I had the Iphone too.
    12-08-09 10:33 PM
    Tour browser - 0
    Droid browser - 10000000000000000000000000

Droid wins.
    12-08-09 10:35 PM
    Every forum is biased to all crap and beyond... Polls are stupid and not representative of anything.

Same goes for all the "you must reset every BB constantly" bullcrap... Granted on the older (83xx or older we are talking several years old) models the app memory would become an issue eventually, but most of the newer devices you should be able to run something like 10 days easily. I've done it on my Bold many times, which has far less app memory than the recent devices.

A large amount of people adopting a new phone (doesn't matter what phone it is), getting tired of it, feeling it doesn't live up to the hype, wanting a different phone, or wanting their old phone back and returning it is expected.
    i honestly don't reset my phone unless i uninstall an unwanted app. so i have definitely gone past 10 days without having to resort to any rebooting or whatever.
    12-08-09 10:41 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD