Hi,
    I bought the blackberry tour 9630 last week online (v 5.0.0.975) and i am battling since then to register the blackberry service. I am new to the BB world , hence I will provide the details of the course of events:

-I called my network provider (Cell C of South Africa) and signed up for the BIS service. I was adviced to reboot my phone. I did so and I did the diagnostic test. It shows radio connectivity but the ICMP ping echo fails and blackberry registration =No, connected to BB=abort, PIN-PIN=abort. I tried rebooting the phone (some hard reset as well). same result except in some cases the ICMP ping test says=Yes. The MSISDN displayed there is not my number, it displays a number from India.

-I called up the operator and told them the problem. They linked the BB PIN with my own number on the BB server(I guess) and asked me to do a hard reset. I did so, but the result is the same, still the old MSISDN showing. The agent told me that Cell C (my operator) does not have an agreement with BB for this model (I doubt if she has full understanding of how BB devices supposed to work). I did check with the MEPD code that this device is unlocked (everything was displayed disabled).

-I then sent the 'register now' from the 'Host routing table'. I did not receive anything at that time, hence sent a couple of 'register now' request. The following day I started receiving the sms from Blackberry 'Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network'. I received couple of them, looks like every time I move from 2G to 3G or vice versa I receive that message.

-I tried the whole process of diagnostic testing again after receiving this message, still the same (BB registration fails).

-Itried changing the pre-defined MSISDN on the handheld from Advanced option>SIM card, it said 'error accessing SIM'.

Does anyone has any idea of what is going on? I need to know if the problem can be fixed before I send back the phone.
    09-18-11 09:58 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Please Help!
    02-06-13 01:28 PM
    sounds like a simple enough fix. what i advise is to use the desktop manager to backup the phone. afterwards, do a security wipe to get the phone back to factory defaults. this should allow you to have the proper setup for your carrier and register properly. if that fails, then u would need to wipe the phone clean and reload the os for your phone

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    02-16-13 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD