hi, i have few questions since the tour is going to be released soon .

as of right now, i'm a devoted HTC fan, but i would like to try out the blackberry since everyone is raving about it.

• i would like to know if it can stream audio from this site
      http://radio.gigigaga.com/hitfmtc
    • does it support flash websites when browsing?
    • also for tethering, is it as easy as the touch pro? do i just plug the phone via usb and tether? do i need to get a program like pdanet ?
    • also, it does have a sim card slot for me to insert a sim card from any other country?
    06-28-09 08:29 PM
    hi, i have few questions since the tour is going to be released soon .

as of right now, i'm a devoted HTC fan, but i would like to try out the blackberry since everyone is raving about it.
    • i would like to know if it can stream audio from this site
      http://radio.gigigaga.com/hitfmtc
    • does it support flash websites when browsing?
    • also for tethering, is it as easy as the touch pro? do i just plug the phone via usb and tether? do i need to get a program like pdanet ?
    • also, it does have a sim card slot for me to insert a sim card from any other country?

only one mobile browser on the market currently fully supports flash and thats skyfire..

which is eventually coming to blackberry.

tethering is a non issue and easy to do.

the tour is a global phone once unlocked you can input any sim you want.
    06-28-09 08:39 PM
    only one mobile browser on the market currently fully supports flash and thats skyfire..

which is eventually coming to blackberry.

tethering is easy on sprint network? would i need to use software of any kind??

also, thanks for the reply. if you can let me know about the streaming, i appreciate it.
    06-28-09 08:42 PM

Can this phone also tether a mac? Do you need any certain plan?
    06-28-09 09:00 PM
    You can stream audio from plenty of apps. I personally use Pandora, have used Slacker in the past. Both work great. I know there are other audio apps but those two are probably the most used.

Tethering is very easy, I got rid of my home internet and tether exclusively as it is way cheaper that way.
    06-28-09 09:02 PM
    You can stream audio from plenty of apps. I personally use Pandora, have used Slacker in the past. Both work great. I know there are other audio apps but those two are probably the most used.

Tethering is very easy, I got rid of my home internet and tether exclusively as it is way cheaper that way.
    i would like to know if i can stream from that site. i don't care for pandora or some slacker thing. the site i posted streams through WMP on my window mobile phone. i use it to listen to music from Asia. without it, i probably won't go to BB
    06-28-09 09:04 PM
    bump for some more insight, thanks
    06-29-09 05:30 AM
    I clicked the link you posted and on my curve 8330 it would not stream. Don't know that it would work on newer phones but when I get my storm today I will try it then too unless someone beats me 2 it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:44 AM
    I clicked the link you posted and on my curve 8330 it would not stream. Don't know that it would work on newer phones but when I get my storm today I will try it then too unless someone beats me 2 it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks...
    is there some sort of program that i need to load onto the bb to play that link
    06-29-09 06:46 AM
    I tried your link on my Storm and the media player sat there for 15 minutes "Loading..."

Doesn't look like it will work.
    06-29-09 08:56 AM
    looks like it will need a prog of some type
    06-29-09 09:08 AM
    do you have to get another plan to tether or is it included?
    06-29-09 09:13 AM
    I'm always pointing out when a noob, doesn't use a descriptive titled, BUT I want to compliment, twe90kid on his GREAT descriptive title. Good job!
    06-29-09 10:24 AM
    I never understood why they locked world phones from the start . I mean why lock them just to make us call to unlock them ?
    06-29-09 11:39 AM
    there are other great streaming music options, look at pandora radio, or iHeart radio.
    06-29-09 12:23 PM
    I never understood why they locked world phones from the start . I mean why lock them just to make us call to unlock them ?
    Sprints version of the Tour will be unlocked from the start, cant say i know if Verizon will be or not.
    06-29-09 12:31 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry.

When the phone is unlocked and local simm chip put in to make phone calls (at lower price), can teh device still access Blackberry roaming internet?

06-29-09 12:35 PM
    I'm always pointing out when a noob, doesn't use a descriptive titled, BUT I want to compliment, twe90kid on his GREAT descriptive title. Good job!
    thanks... i hate undescriptive titles myself. also, i was directed here through another forum called SprintGuru (where crackberry got the release information). I'm a forum moderator at that forum, so i kind of know what i'm doing also.
    they lock it so that it makes it hard for people to buy it and use for another carrier

thanks all for the replies. it's starting to get carried away into another conversation, but that's okay
    06-29-09 03:55 PM
    there are other great streaming music options, look at pandora radio, or iHeart radio.
    i don't listen to american music, therefore i want to see if i can stream that website. so far the answer is NO. not too sure if we need another program to support that kiind of file/stream
    06-29-09 03:56 PM
    now that the tour is released. anyone figure out a way to stream WMP .asx files? i'm still trying to find out how to stream this link http://radio.gigigaga.com/hitfmtc before i purchase the tour .
    07-12-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD