Hey Guys,

I was just wondering where you save your pdf files on your blackberry so you may be able to view them. I can put word .doc files in the "documents" folder and read them there but don't know where to place the pdf files. I've placed the pdf files in the "documents" folder but doesn't show up on my blackberry when I want to view them. Thanks in advance...
    08-23-09 10:53 AM
    Coming from a WinMo device I just found this out...there are no free pdf viewers (none at all from adobe)! There are some you can pay for including docs to go premium. Oddly, you can view a pdf if its in an email so afaik, you'd have to email yourself the pdf and then look at it. Kinda annoying if u ask me!! Don't know why nobody has come up with a free basic pdf viewer but unlike winmo, people tend to more often than not charge for apps than make free ones for bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:45 PM
    Do you have a PDF viewing program? The Docs 2 Go program that comes is the standard version and doesn't read .PDF if you upgrade to premium or purchase a 3rd party PDF reader it will see them in the documents folder.
    08-23-09 12:46 PM
    there are no free PDF viewers that i know of, i've searched. There are plenty of paid ones.

the only thing you can do is send the file to your email and open it that way. I've noticed though that you can actually save a copy of the file, in which case it is saved as a Jpeg file that you can view later on. This leads me to believe that when you're viewing the file in email, it is somehow converted to a jpeg file for you to view since there is no native PDF viewer.
    08-23-09 05:27 PM
    there are no free PDF viewers that i know of, i've searched. There are plenty of paid ones.

the only thing you can do is send the file to your email and open it that way. I've noticed though that you can actually save a copy of the file, in which case it is saved as a Jpeg file that you can view later on. This leads me to believe that when you're viewing the file in email, it is somehow converted to a jpeg file for you to view since there is no native PDF viewer.
    I've been able to read PDFs in this matter.. good stuff
    08-23-09 05:48 PM
    if you have photoshop you are able to save pdf doc as jpegs this might be a solution if you need to upload a pdf doc to your phone
    08-24-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD