When I change my BBM display picture, none of my contacts can see my new and updated picture. I have myself added in my contact list and when I change the display picture I can view the new picture but no one else can. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I have the 5.0.57 version of messenger and I have the 4.7.1.40 OS
    Last edited by AHVTEC; 03-21-10 at 01:31 PM.
    03-21-10 01:29 PM
    I am having the same problem!!! Any help would be super appreciated!
    I have the newest version as well.
    03-25-10 02:05 PM
    okay i just went through this problem with my phone. i did a back up of my contacts, then I went into desktop manager and completed deleted and took off bbm from my phone. Then i went into my phone browser and re-downloaded the latest version of BBM and reloaded all of my contacts. It worked perfect and everybody finally saw my picture changes
    03-25-10 04:08 PM
    when this happened to me i just did a battery pull and it then showed... annoying, but i dont change my profile pic often.

anyone know how to change someone in your contact list who already has chosen their own profile pic? it seems like you cant pick a picture for them if they chose one for themselves. ideas?
    03-26-10 12:45 AM
    im extremely confused with what your trying to ask here.
    03-26-10 12:47 AM
    ok, lets say you are in my BB msgr list. you set a default picture for yourself that shows up on everyone contact list that has you saved. what if i dont like your picture and want to change it, can i?
    03-26-10 12:52 AM
    ohhh gotchya, no the only thing that you are able to change about another contact is there name. You can actually change their name and as soon as u change one character a little blue link will pop up and it will say something about reverting their name back to the way they had it. But otherwise their picture has to be what they put it as.
    03-26-10 12:55 AM
    dang...ok thanks for the heads up
    03-26-10 12:59 AM
    no problemm
    03-26-10 01:01 AM
    I feel dumb and am a new BB owner, what is a "battery pull"?
    05-11-10 12:26 AM
    Not true.
    You can over ride the BBM contact's profile photo.
    If you have a picture of the contact that you'd rather use, just set that as the contact's photo in the BlackBerry address book, link the BBM contact to the address book contact, then under the BBM contact's profile (in BBM), set to "YES" the option to use BlackBerry Contacts image.
    05-11-10 08:25 AM
    Not true.
    You can over ride the BBM contact's profile photo.
    If you have a picture of the contact that you'd rather use, just set that as the contact's photo in the BlackBerry address book, link the BBM contact to the address book contact, then under the BBM contact's profile (in BBM), set to "YES" the option to use BlackBerry Contacts image.
    I was just getting ready to say that. This does work.
    05-11-10 11:46 AM
    sorry to resurrect a thread from the dead, but what if the "Use Blackberry Contact Image" Yes/No option is not there? I see the option for some, but just not this 1 particular user. Any ideas?

Bold 9930
    OS 7.1
    BBM 6.1.0.49
    02-16-12 12:22 PM
    I would suggest delete contact and request again, let the contact know whats going on
    02-16-12 01:10 PM
    I feel dumb and am a new BB owner, what is a "battery pull"?
    battery pull = pull out your battery from berry lol.
    most of the times to fix common issue's if possible or to reboot your device due laggyness.
    or other kind of problems, you can most of time do that first to see if it fixes any of your problems.
    there is also, alt - right shift - del to softpull it, do that is in order to achieve it.
    02-16-12 01:16 PM
    i tried deleting them as a BBM contact and re-adding them, but that didn't help. I'm in the process of deleting them as a contact altogether and rebooting; so, i will keep ya posted.
    02-16-12 01:57 PM
    no luck. I still do not see that option. Could it be because of the version of BBM that the other person is using?
    02-16-12 01:59 PM
    one difference between the contacts that are appearing differently is, the person who does not have the option is not a friend of mine on facebook; while, others are.
    02-16-12 06:23 PM
    i'm trying to confirm, but i am thinking that this particular user does not have a default profile pic setup on their end. this might be the reason why i am not seeing that option. keep u all posted....
    02-17-12 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD