Hello

I'm thinking about purchasing a Verizon Blackberry Tour? I know the Tour is a quad band phone with GSM and CDMA capability.

For my job I will be in Canada for up to 6 months. What about my options with a Verizon Blackberry Tour in Canada?

Can I unlock it for use on a GSM carrier like Rogers? Can I use it on a CDMA network like Bell or Telus?

I'm not concerned about not having Verizon service for 6 months either. Basically I want to be able to have the same pin so I message my BBM contacts in both countries.
    04-12-10 01:10 AM
    Does anybody know?.....Thanks!
    04-13-10 01:04 PM
    You'll roam on bell or Telus. I suppose you could unlock it and buy a prepaid sim from one of them if you don't want to roam.
    04-13-10 01:14 PM
    You'll roam on bell or Telus. I suppose you could unlock it and buy a prepaid sim from one of them if you don't want to roam.
    Bell/Telus SIMs will not work with the Tour (no HSPA 850/1900 bands). Unlocked Tours will have to go with Fido/Rogers in Canada on the edge network.
    04-13-10 03:50 PM
    Bell/Telus SIMs will not work with the Tour (no HSPA 850/1900 bands). Unlocked Tours will have to go with Fido/Rogers in Canada on the edge network.

Thanks! Is there any current Blackberry models that can work on Bell/Telus SIMs?
    04-16-10 06:46 PM
    Thanks! Is there any current Blackberry models that can work on Bell/Telus SIMs?
    The 9700 and 9000 Bolds.
    04-16-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD