I have one on my Tour, but if I were to switch to a different device in a month or so, would I still have the same one? IE - I believe we're returning our phones as early as next week, and then I will have to go back to using my LG Voyager for awhile until I can afford/get a new BlackBerry, so would I still be able to have the email address that I set up or does it disappear?

Thanks!
    03-18-10 04:42 AM
    You will just have to set it up on the new phone is all. Just delete the account off your old phone before you return it, or whatever your doing with it. I believe when I sold my s2 I deleted it, then when I recieved my tour I used the same email address and I wanna say it said something like it was used with another phone but will now not be active on that phone. Don't quote me on that though I can't remember for sure.
    03-18-10 05:45 AM
    you wont be able to use your Blackberry.net email account on another device. Its set up thru BIS with a PIN.
    03-18-10 06:25 AM
    The email address is tied to your provider.blackberry.net account, not your device. You simply change the PIN associated with your account and that email address will be available on your new device. I have switched PIN's numerous times -- usually I have been able to just do it online in the account setup page, but a couple of times I had to call the provider tech support and get them to change the PIN for me (no real pattern as to why or when).

Key thing is if you sell your BB, be sure to call the provider and have them release the PIN so your buyer can use it. And likewise, if you buy a BB from someone else (ie not new) make very certain that they have released the PIN (and IMEI etc) so that you can use it.
    03-18-10 06:28 AM
    The email address is tied to your provider.blackberry.net account, not your device. You simply change the PIN associated with your account and that email address will be available on your new device. I have switched PIN's numerous times -- usually I have been able to just do it online in the account setup page, but a couple of times I had to call the provider tech support and get them to change the PIN for me (no real pattern as to why or when).

Key thing is if you sell your BB, be sure to call the provider and have them release the PIN so your buyer can use it. And likewise, if you buy a BB from someone else (ie not new) make very certain that they have released the PIN (and IMEI etc) so that you can use it.
    I never had to do any of that with my tour which I traded my s2 for.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-18-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD