I changed from a palm treo 700 to BB Tour and Windows XP to Windows 7. Bad idea! Anyhow, I'm stuck with the BB Tour Calender and can't view nor manage it on the BB desktop within the Window 7 OS. does anyone have any suggestions?
    06-30-10 02:38 PM
    When you say view or manage, are you trying to synchronize your BB calender with Outlook?
    07-01-10 03:14 PM
    That's what I'd hoped to do originally and later learned that Windows 7 no longer has outlook but rather "Windows Live."

Ideally, I would like to use my blackberry calender and sync to a desktop on my PC where I can both edit and backup.

Someone had recommended using the outlook software from my prior XP, but I've also been warned that this could effect my current OS.

Currently I've got the Google Calender and Google Sync apps, but this set up is duplicating function and taking up additional power.

Any suggestions?
    07-06-10 06:34 AM
    Microsoft Office (some versions of which come with Outlook) is sold seperately from Windows.

If you have the old MS-Office serial number then you may legally move the licese from your old PC to the new.

You need to note the serial number using the little progam I have attached and then you need an original CD for the exact same version of MS-Office that is installed on your old PC.

These CDs are not copyrigt and are thus fairly easy to obtain. The license is in the key that you just extracted, you see.
    07-06-10 06:40 AM
    This sounds like a helpful solution. I do have the unopened and licensed XP Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 which I believe has outlook.

I opened Keyreader, but ran into a dead-end. Do I need to install the CD first? What's my course of action?
    07-06-10 07:02 AM
    Office XP isn't compatible with win7 unless you install and run it in compatibility mode for XP. If you have an unopened version the key should be with that.
    07-06-10 07:56 AM
    The OP is confusing the operating system (XP/Vista/Win7) with an application (in this case Outlook)

Outlook is a program that is sold separately from the operating system. Often, it is sold as a part of the Microsoft Office suite but is also available separately.

Outlook used to be sold as part of the "Home & Student" edition but I think that ended with the 2003 version.

If you have a copy of Outlook that is registered then you can move that license to your new machine. Otherwise you can just buy a copy of Outlook.

This is not a blackberry or a Windows 7 issue.
    07-06-10 09:15 AM
    Actually there was a version of MS Office called Office XP, aka Office 2002. The Student edition does not have Outlook in the 2007 version.

Your best bet is get a copy of Outlook, 2003, 2007, or 2010. Just don't put 2000 or earlier on your PC. I don't see any way for you to sync to Windows Live Mail.

I wouldnt use Outlook XP. Some people have had many issues with it on Windows 7.
    07-06-10 09:57 AM
    The OP is confusing the operating system (XP/Vista/Win7) with an application (in this case Outlook)

Outlook is a program that is sold separately from the operating system. Often, it is sold as a part of the Microsoft Office suite but is also available separately.

Outlook used to be sold as part of the "Home & Student" edition but I think that ended with the 2003 version.

If you have a copy of Outlook that is registered then you can move that license to your new machine. Otherwise you can just buy a copy of Outlook.

This is not a blackberry or a Windows 7 issue.
    Yes it does have to do with the operating system when old versions of software will not run on a new version of the OS unless you do some tweeking and then it still isn't recommended.
    07-06-10 10:53 AM
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 does not have outlook. Before I buy Outlook, I need to confirm the following: 1) If I get Outlook will I be able to sync my blackberry calender to outlook, view, update and save it on my PC with windows 7? 2) which edition should I get? and 3) how do I install/activate it?

Thanks
    07-06-10 09:26 PM
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate loaded on my PC along with Office 2007. I sync my BB Tour with Outlook 2007 contacts & calender, no problems.
    You can use Outlook 2007 or wait a little while & get Outlook 2010. As far as installing all you have to do is put in the CD, let it run, then type in the s/n you get with it. Setting it up to down load your email is fairly simple, you can get the info you need from your isp.
    I hope that this helps.
    07-06-10 09:38 PM
    sounds like this'll take care of it. I'll shop around. thanks for your help!
    07-06-10 09:59 PM
    BTW, what's "ISP?"
    07-07-10 06:43 AM
    BTW, what's "ISP?"
    ISP = Internet service provider.
    07-07-10 06:50 AM
    Yes it does have to do with the operating system when old versions of software will not run on a new version of the OS unless you do some tweeking and then it still isn't recommended.
    You intentionally mis-read my comment.

OS = Windows XP/Vista/7
    Program = Office/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook etc.

The OS and a program are two different things. The OP was confusing the two.

Obviously you need to use a program that is applicable to your OS. Office XP (aka 2002) had lots of problems anyway - not just with Windows 7.

Getting back on topic.

The OP needs to aquire a legal copy of Outlook that works with Windows 7(preferrably of the vintage as his other programs) and install that.

Then he can sync to his heart's delight.
    07-07-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD