I am sure this has been asked but I cant find any answer ...
    Is there a way, more likely a program I can use to change the background of SMS/MMS and E-mail to black with white text???

Thanks!
    09-19-09 04:40 PM
    That's kind of a neat idea, I wonder if that would increase battery life too. Sorry I can't help you though
    09-19-09 05:11 PM
    empower sms viewer
    09-19-09 05:13 PM
    That's kind of a neat idea, I wonder if that would increase battery life too. Sorry I can't help you though
    Yeah, it's possible that you'll see some incremental battery life increases if you're texting quite a bit, but I suspect it'll be minimal at best. It's the same thinking behind the blackle.com idea.
    09-19-09 05:15 PM
    That would match my current theme! Brilliant!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 05:17 PM
    I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but it'll let you see the effect of what you want to achieve!

Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Colour Contrast (Reverse Contrast)

This will invert all colours on your device, kinda fun but gets very irritating after a while!
    09-19-09 05:17 PM
    I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but it'll let you see the effect of what you want to achieve!

Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Colour Contrast (Reverse Contrast)

This will invert all colours on your device, kinda fun but gets very irritating after a while!
    Yeah, I love the white on black look of reverse contrast on everything except the home and app screens. What someone needs to do is create a theme that uses reverse contrast icons and wallpaper images so that they appear normal but everything else (emails, calendar, sms, bbm, etc) shows up as white on black.
    09-19-09 05:21 PM
    Or black background w/bright green text. Like my old Unix terminal.
    09-19-09 05:27 PM
    Yeah, I love the white on black look of reverse contrast on everything except the home and app screens. What someone needs to do is create a theme that uses reverse contrast icons and wallpaper images so that they appear normal but everything else (emails, calendar, sms, bbm, etc) shows up as white on black.
    Now that's brilliant! I would totally switch themes if someone did that.
    09-19-09 05:29 PM
    Now that's brilliant! I would totally switch themes if someone did that.
    If only I was running a PC and knew how to use Plazmic...

PS - +1 to IZZY Dead for the Unix terminal idea. Green on black would be awesome!
    09-19-09 05:36 PM
    Thanks guys I'll give those ideas a try and see what I can come up with. I have just always hated the bright white background, if battery life were to increase a little that would be a great side effect. I just can't believe RIM has not written that type of customization into the OS without using reverse contrast. Maybe one day.

Side thought ... my old 8330 had white background with black text for the menus such as when you hit the BB key. But with an 8900 theme and now with the 9630 the menus when hitting the BB key come up with black background with white lettering so I guess I see no reason the sms/mms and e-mail can't be the same way.

EDIT: ok so reverse contrast is almost exactly what I am looking for on the sms/mms e-mail BUT the rest of the screens look like ***!!!! lol Back to normal contrast for me.
    Last edited by XSFSPD; 09-21-09 at 12:36 PM.
    09-21-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD