Okay so I have had a BB for a while now and I love them, what can I say...I'm a Crackberry Addict! But up until recently I was only on the BIS from my carrier. I thought it was enough and that I would be just happy with that. I tried and I am so glad that I did the BES! I signed up for it through my carrier and I found a company that would host my email account on their exchange server. It is a little pricey (although not too bad at all) but man am I in love with BES! My life just got easier....so much easier I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me. No more syncing with my computer ANYTHING!!! It is all done automatically. If you have BIS I strongly encourage you to find a way to get the BES!! If you have any questions on how to do it let me know... my pin is 30FC45C1

BES! This is what having a Blackberry is ALL about!!!
    02-07-10 07:05 PM
    i'm on sprint too..what exactly did you do?? and how much more is it if you dont mind me asking
    02-07-10 11:35 PM
    Well to get it all you have to do is call Sprint and ask for the BES which is $20 a month, then you have to get a domain name for $10 a YEAR. I currently use Dream Host Web Hosting by DreamHost Web Hosting: Web Sites, Domain Registration, WordPress, Ruby on Rails, all on Debian Linux! for all my stuff because they are nice and reasonable. Then find a company to host it for you. The one I found was $20 a month and it is called Intermedia you can find them at Hosted Exchange | Intermedia: Trusted Microsoft Exchange Hosting Solutions. It is really simple to set up and they give you Outlook 2007 so you can sync your mail through there and everything is pretty much automatic after that. No more syncing and your calender,contacts, notes, etc. are always current and up todate! If you have any more questions about setting it up let me know.
    02-07-10 11:48 PM
    For $40 more per month, it's not worth it (in my case). My calendar and contacts are already synced wirelessly with Google's gmail, and I only need to see notes on my phone (I don't use microsoft outlook, so I don't even know where I would find my notes even if I had an urge to look at it.) I can just e-mail notes to myself if need be.

I'm glad you've discovered BES and it works for you. I actually have all the software needed to host my own BES, but I don't have a computer to dedicate to server duties (I gave mine away to a family member that needed a computer). I'd still need to pay the BES fee to Sprint in this case, though.
    02-08-10 12:27 AM
    I tried the gmail app/sync and it didn't work the way I wanted it to. With the BES I get all the native BB apps working just as they should without an extra app. Not to mention I get the email address with the domain name and all that goes with it.

I understand your point about the money but I gotta tell you the convenience of using the native apps in my opinion are worth it. It's the way a BB was meant to be (IMO).
    02-08-10 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD