Anybody swap there bezel out yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 11:46 AM
    FYI, its a royal pain in the *** and not worth it, its really easy to screw up the headphone jack, camera, trackball, etc. not really worth it for a simple cover change.
    10-12-09 12:01 PM
    Yeh, that's a project I wouldn't think of trying. But I'm in awe of people who are comfortable doing that stuff!
    10-12-09 12:02 PM
    Anybody swap there bezel out yet?

Ive did it 3 times...im waiting for solid black bezel to arrive which will make it a 4th take apart put together..
    Top button were a little tricky to get of original to replacement.
    Side button were a peace of cake.After taking mine out I let them soak in Superclean for 3 days chrome striped of now their black.
    Removing Carrier plastic peace at bottom peace of cake.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-12-09 at 12:24 PM.
    10-12-09 12:20 PM
    Slingbox I think your talking whole housing, I'm just talking bezel and its really not a big project guys. Few plastic clips, few torq screws, and a few ribbon cables. Only issue is top lock and mute buttons

10-12-09 12:22 PM
    FYI, its a royal pain in the *** and not worth it, its really easy to screw up the headphone jack, camera, trackball, etc. not really worth it for a simple cover change.
    Its beyond me how you would screw up the camera and headphone jack unless your force the housing together. And as for the trackball there's not much to screw up.

10-12-09 12:24 PM
    Slingbox I think your talking whole housing, I'm just talking bezel and its really not a big project guys. Few plastic clips, few torq screws, and a few ribbon cables. Only issue is top lock and mute buttons

Bezel has 2 button attached with double stick tape with contact.
    Plastic carrier plate is attached to bottom of original belez must come off as well.
    I will post pic for you shortly.

Yes the side button are on frame body..im very excited that I turned them black so thinking went down hill lol
    I painted ear peace metal black ,black button look sweet...Black bezel will totaly stealth mine out.
    Im Stoked
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-12-09 at 12:36 PM.
    10-12-09 12:29 PM
    Those two buttons are the top lock and the mute buttons right? The actual button pads? Howd you get yours off? That's the only part I'm skeptical about.

I'm waiting for my order from cnn.cn to come in:
    Black Bezel
    Black Unbranded Bottom
    Red w/ Chrome Trackball

Going for the black with a few chrome accents and the red to match the key pad and end call button.

10-12-09 12:43 PM
    Those two buttons are the top lock and the mute buttons right? The actual button pads? Howd you get yours off? That's the only part I'm skeptical about.

I'm waiting for my order from cnn.cn to come in:
    Black Bezel
    Black Unbranded Bottom
    Red w/ Chrome Trackball

Going for the black with a few chrome accents and the red to match the key pad and end call button.

taking some pics for you now.
    I will go into some detal in a few.
    10-12-09 12:49 PM
    Fast pictures with some detail .

A < Pry under button sticky tab using utility knife very carfully
    B < Take off speaker inso strip that goes around bezel peaker opening after buttons and contacts are taken off

C< Contact thats atched are to button ,Pry under sticky with utility knife very carfully

D - More detail button up.you can see button & wire that connects to contact
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-12-09 at 01:39 PM.
    10-12-09 01:33 PM
    Thank you, so its just the button pad attached on the top with sticky tape then wired to contacts beneath with more sticky tape?

10-12-09 01:43 PM
    Thank you, so its just the button pad attached on the top with sticky tape then wired to contacts beneath with more sticky tape?

Yes ,contact has stick as well...work bottom of it to pry up

Picture 1 (A) pry with utility knife on that side of button.
    After both are pulled back from sticky remove from top pulling contact through hole very carefully
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-12-09 at 01:53 PM.
    10-12-09 01:47 PM
    On bottom right side of page in link below their are a couple videos that go into more button detail removal etc which is how I learned

BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM glossy black bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

Last edited by Slingbox; 10-12-09 at 02:10 PM.
    10-12-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the help now I just gotta wait for my package

10-12-09 06:53 PM
    Thanks for the help now I just gotta wait for my package

No problem.

I also recommend using new T6 screws.
    I striped out top right screw a few weeks ago and it wasn't very fun to remove.
    I had to snap screw by prying up bezel..not good at all

Were I get them
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM screws set - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,
    10-12-09 07:42 PM
    *Shrugs* I enjoy the chrome
    10-12-09 07:50 PM
    *Shrugs* I enjoy the chrome
    Me to.
    I also enjoy titanum and black
    10-12-09 07:55 PM
    You'll get sick of it, and as for me I'm kind of a unique person I like my stuff to not be so generic. You guys are telling me you don't buy parts for your car and customize that? Why not do the same with your berry?

10-13-09 02:09 AM
    New Black bezel arrived from Dealishop today ,I installed top buttons & carrier bottom plate
    The bad news is that T6 screws haven't arrived from cnn so I cant install it to device yet
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-13-09 at 05:28 PM.
    10-13-09 05:06 PM
    New Black bezel arrived from Dealishop today ,I installed top buttons & carrier bottom plate
    The bad news is that screws haven't arrived from cnn so I cant install it to device yet
    Throw up some pics when you're done... I'm curious to see the quality of stuff from cnn.cn...
    10-13-09 05:28 PM
    Throw up some pics when you're done... I'm curious to see the quality of stuff from cnn.cn...
    I use cnn for T6 screws. everything else I get from Dealishop- high quality parts ,located in USA so fast delivery is had.

I will definitely post pics of my 9630 stealth when completed
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-13-09 at 05:38 PM.
    10-13-09 05:34 PM
    I've ordered parts for a KRZR and storm from cnn and have been happy with results just long shipping (china to massachusetts) and if you need to get a hold of em you might have trouble (which ill blame on language barriers and whatever else), no big deal to me.

10-13-09 05:38 PM
    I couldn't wait for new T6 screws so i took chance using old ones.

My 9630 stealth

Black bezel -Dealishop
    Black side buttons -soaked in SuperClean for 3 days which striped off chrome.
    Chrome screen in ear peace - Painted black.

Time spent take apart put together ,paint etc - 40 min
    Money spent - $25.00

Last edited by Slingbox; 10-14-09 at 01:33 AM.
    10-13-09 11:14 PM
    That's a work of art Sling! Black side buttons and ear speaker screen are like the cherry on the sundae too.

Nice job brotha.
    10-13-09 11:21 PM
    It would really be "stealth" if you could black out the chrome bars that line the keyboard. Now that everything else is black those bars stick out like a sore thumb!

10-13-09 11:28 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD