I didn't have a problem when I upgraded from a Curve to the Tour and was told my insurance would go up from $5.99 to $7.99. But after a week with the Tour I had to return it this morning because of the call audio quality (on called party end) and the BT problems.

I asked the rep to make sure and change my insurance back and was told that all BlackBerry insurance is now $7.99! She said if I'd stayed with the Curve and not upgraded, I would have been grandfathered at the $5.99 price.

To add insult to injury, I had paid cash for the Tour upgrade (why, I don't know...I usually put these things on my credit card) and they don't do cash refunds that large...against their policy. Was told I'd get a check in the mail in "several" weeks.
    07-22-09 11:05 AM
    Definitely something you should have been told about up front.

Somebody didn't summarize correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 11:08 AM
    Definitely something you should have been told about up front.

Somebody didn't summarize correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope...wasn't told a thing. I did tell the manager this morning that all their sales reps need training on how to tell customers this on cash purchases.
    07-22-09 11:12 AM
    That's unfortunate. It's too bad since the reps probably knew this but didn't want to mention it for fear that they would lose your sale. FWIW, I haven't had any call quality issues with my Tour, in fact, it's been on par or better than my old Curve.
    07-22-09 11:14 AM
    That's unfortunate. It's too bad since the reps probably knew this but didn't want to mention it for fear that they would lose your sale. FWIW, I haven't had any call quality issues with my Tour, in fact, it's been on par or better than my old Curve.
    It would not have impacted the sale at all...I would have just put it on my credit card.

FWIW, at least one of the technicians this morning admitted they've been seeing a lot of Tours come back in with complaints of "everyone says I'm muffled".

Again this morning, using the Tour and Curve there in the store I left myself voicemails and it's night and day...Curve wins by a mile. Add that to the thousands of similar complaints of this on the internet and I think we have an actual problem. I think without actually hearing the two phones side by side you might not notice the difference.
    07-22-09 11:18 AM
    that sucks. I never use cash
    07-22-09 11:19 AM
    that sucks. I never use cash
    Well, I certainly won't be using it again for larger purchases. I suppose many stores have this policy, but they need to make sure people understand it before making the sale.
    07-22-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD