Right now I just installed the gmail app thing by going to m.google.com/mail

I'm wondering if thats the best gmail on the blackberry?

And I have a question, is there a way I can get it to grab emails by itself? Everytime I go into the app I have to refresh to see if there are any new emails.
    12-25-09 05:14 PM
    yes you can set it up through the rim server. on the phone itself go to email set up wizard. set the email up through there. than your phone will be notified with every new email and you can respond much like a text message. its a beautiful thing
    12-25-09 05:15 PM
    Well that was simple, lol.

But another question. They sent me an email with a link to download something that improves the gmail on the blackberry, but when I click it on it says that the web page is no longer available.
    12-25-09 05:19 PM
    And also, on my computer I sent myself an email, but my blackberry hasn't notified me or anything yet...

And when I go in my gmail on my blackberry it isn't showing my emails that are already in my inbox.

Help please?
    12-25-09 05:22 PM
    I'm having all sorts of issues getting gmail to work. I have added, removed, the gmail account numerous times, with/without reboot. Called support, and of course after 40 minutes with them trying to figure it out, another remove and install of the gmail account seemed to do the trick (oh, and after I did a "register host routing tables" ... options, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now, wait a few for it to complete, then pull battery (wait 10s), put in battery)

GMail seems to suck in my opinion, at least it's record of working for me has sucked. My buddy has it, and has no issues.
    12-25-09 06:51 PM
    Right now I just installed the gmail app thing by going to m.google.com/mail

I'm wondering if thats the best gmail on the blackberry?

And I have a question, is there a way I can get it to grab emails by itself? Everytime I go into the app I have to refresh to see if there are any new emails.
    I just added it to my BIS email accounts. Not really using the mobile app.
    12-25-09 06:56 PM
    Did you make sure to turn on pop and imap in your gmail accounts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 08:25 AM
    In some cases, you canNOT email yourself from the same account - there seems to be a block or filter. So if on your desktop you are using Gmail to send yourself a message on that same gmail account it MIGHT not work.

My gmail, setup on the BB (or the carrier BIS site) is almost instantaneous. I will write an email from my Compuserve account to gmail and almost as I push send, the BB alerts and the email is there. That's a special gmail thingie. Other accounts are generally checked about every 15 minutes (sooner if there was mail the last time it checked)
    12-26-09 09:11 AM
    I made a second email just to send my self links and files etc. I ran into issues when trying to email myself too. Just make another email account.
    12-26-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD