Since my contract just started in February, I am obviously not eligible for an upgrade yet. Through Verizon, I would have to pay $489.99 plus tax PLUS extend my contract. On Ebay, there are Tours anywhere from $600 to $1600. Am I just going to have to bend over and shell out almost $500, or is there a better way for me to be able to have a Tour without extending my contract? I am on a Family Share plan and just want to upgrade my line. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    07-27-09 08:14 AM
    I also got myphone in february if you are a verizon vip customer you can get a new Phone this february with a contract extension. I know that's a wait but I bet they'll be cheaper by then!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:18 AM
    If u have other phones on ur line of service (ie more tgan just u and another) and verizon prorates their cancellation fee at 10x the number of months u have left, u can tell them its cheaper if u cancel and sign a new contract with sprint and get the phone from them even with ur cancellation fee. I read a post that this worked for someone who said this to a sprint CS rep, but it may be worth a shot on verizon.

07-27-09 08:19 AM
    Goto the Verizon store you got the Storm at and start telling customers that the phone stinks, the manager will come up to you and ask why your doing it, and eventually will trade you a Tour for it. If that doesn't work try protesting with a loudspeaker outside the store until they will let you trade for one. Prank calling #611 sometimes works as well. Good Luck!
    07-27-09 08:23 AM
    See if there are any other phone lines on your plan that are eligible for upgrade.
    07-27-09 08:24 AM
    Why not just add another line to your account for $10/month and get the Tour for that line. Then switch the phone over to your line.
    07-27-09 08:46 AM
    Why not just add another line to your account for $10/month and get the Tour for that line. Then switch the phone over to your line.
    I was actually thinking of doing that, but wasn't sure if it would work. I guess I could do that, sell the Storm, and use that money to pay for the cancellation fees. That might work. Hmmm....
    07-27-09 08:58 AM
    Find a Cougar to shower you with gifts of affection? You asked for the best way, right?

07-27-09 08:59 AM
    armed robbery!!
    07-27-09 09:06 AM
    Since my contract just started in February, I am obviously not eligible for an upgrade yet. Through Verizon, I would have to pay $489.99 plus tax PLUS extend my contract. On Ebay, there are Tours anywhere from $600 to $1600. Am I just going to have to bend over and shell out almost $500, or is there a better way for me to be able to have a Tour without extending my contract? I am on a Family Share plan and just want to upgrade my line. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I got the storm on launch day so you know my contract wasn't up so what I did was add a new line of service and bought the tour, changed my plan to the family share plan and added the an extra line for $10. I then found a throw away junk vzw phone and put that on my plan so I could sell the storm. I bought the tour for 150 and sold the storm on ebay for 215 and monthly plan is only $5 more than what I was currently paying. So its all a wash and I got what I want.

07-27-09 09:29 AM
    Unfortunately, if you get a Tour now, and you are a Bluetooth user, you will want to return it anyway. Its probably best to wait until they get the basics fixes first anyway. My Tour is getting returned today. Verizon needs to learn our to perform basic system testing, before releasing product to customers.
    07-27-09 10:01 AM
    Throw a tantrum like a 2 year old child right in the store. Make sure its packed with customers whe you this.

Roll on the floor with legs kicking and hands waving sensilessly!
    07-27-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD