Believe it or not, the screen cover that comes on the Sprint Tour to protect the screen in the box works extremely well. I just clipped the little tab and its stuck on perfectly and I don't even have a scratch on that film...
    doesn't that cover have writing on it...?
    08-14-09 12:54 AM
    I went with this ebay brand called XtremeGuard. I'm very happy with it so far. The screen protector is perfectly clear, unlike the Verizon privacy screen I use to have. That thing got all scratched up and had this annoying cross hatch pattern on the screen. The XtremeGuard does require water to apply, but I don't see what the big deal is about that. You soak the protector in water, shake it off, and apply. Hardly any gets on your phone. The nice thing about this one is it has a somewhat tacky feel to it and doesn't collect smudges as much. Ordered this on a Sunday evening, had it in the mail on Wednesday.

Two for $6
    Ditto ^ best one I've used... Coworker and I tried to rip this apart and it just would not rip. Ordered 2 sets from them so far since the first one I didn't foloow instructions due to excitment. But imho they are really good, not going to say the best since I have not tried all screen protectors.

Can't go wrong with this one and their shipping is great, they ship quick...!
    08-14-09 07:35 AM
    The Zagg Invisible Shield is a military grade cover that does not take away from the screen resolution. They are expensive but, one will last you a long time.

other than that, I use Fellows Write Wright screen protectors on all of my other gadgets like cameras and GPS units.
    +1 on this. Also they'll replace it for free for the life of your phone. Zagg is tha shizz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Love the invisibleSHIELD by Zagg because it is the John Wayne of screen protectors and the free replacement (as long as you have the product). However, they currently do not have a cover that is correctly designed. I had it installed on my phone and return it within a couple of days. The screen protector did not cover the screen fully and their where areas around the chrome that were bear. I did have it on my curve and the coverage was outstanding. I recommend this product highly but IMO I would wait until they have an updated version for this device.
    08-14-09 08:15 AM
    yeah. i have gone through two privacy screen from vzw. they are absolutely terrible. i keep my phone in a blackberry slide pouch, similar to the holster but without the clip and my last one was so scratched it was terrible. I bought the phantom skinz and will never go back. They were reasonably priced i believe $16 for two full phone protectors. The entire phone. You just have to take your time and apply them carefully. I am now no longer paranoid about even placing my phone in my pocket or resting it in a cupholder while driving. The key to them is to TAKE YOUR TIME!
    08-14-09 08:29 AM
    do you need to use water to apply it? that's kind of what is turning me off about the phantom skinz
    It's not water but a solution that you squeeze out. The solution will not harm your BB.
    This is the reason both of them turned me off. I wasn't going to apply water or even there supposed safe solution to apply a clear case. Instead I went with the OtterBox Defender.
    08-14-09 08:41 AM
    Hi,

New to BB

Looking for a screen protector like the one that comes with the phone...

I have used ishield on most of my electronics and not a big fan of the tackiness....

Any suggestions on one just like the stock protector and doesn't degrade the screen quality??

TIA
    08-14-09 10:46 AM
    How about no screen protector. Every one of them peels, bubbles or affects screen beauty eventually. I have used them all and they are a waste of money. If you drop your Tour it will still crack. I carry my Tour in my front pocket (screen against my thigh) and no issues at all. I do use a lint brush roller on my inside out pocket every morning (hate lint). Maybe just a case with a lay on the table design and designate your front left pocket for your Tour. Ladies carrying it in their purse may want a protector but front pocket fellas don't need anything on their Tour IMO. All of the cases and screen protectors are just another thing to be obsessed about (I know I was). Take up too much money and time only to be left with something you would truly rather have naked anyway. Once again, only my opnion. ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 11:10 AM
    i got invisible shield. recommend u get it installed by a person from the company at a mall kiosk or something. i think it makes screen stand out more.
    08-14-09 11:19 AM
    Love the invisibleSHIELD by Zagg because it is the John Wayne of screen protectors and the free replacement (as long as you have the product). However, they currently do not have a cover that is correctly designed. I had it installed on my phone and return it within a couple of days. The screen protector did not cover the screen fully and their where areas around the chrome that were bear. I did have it on my curve and the coverage was outstanding. I recommend this product highly but IMO I would wait until they have an updated version for this device.
    I think the producdt is suppposed to be like that...it never usually covers the screen fully...the protection is great though! I don't even realize i Have it on my phone

i got invisible shield. recommend u get it installed by a person from the company at a mall kiosk or something. i think it m
    akes screen stand out more.
    that's exactly what I did...paid $35 to get it installed...it's flawless...plus the guy will replace any piece that will peel, etc as long as I keep the peeling piece!

There are 14 different pieces to this thing...there is no way I could install it flawlessly myself...$35 is totally worth it
    Last edited by eyecon82; 08-14-09 at 11:45 AM.
    08-14-09 11:39 AM
    SGPShield is what I am using exclusively on all of my toys, here is my post in the Tour section. http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/sg...y-tour-292953/
    08-14-09 11:43 AM
    Anyone have any experience with the seidio screen protectors?
    08-14-09 01:28 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD