I've been having some random reboots on my Tour using 5.0.0.484. They are few and far between, but I use my Tour as an alarm clock and this is almost caused me to be late for work a time or two. As of right now, what is the most stable OS? The best Radio OS? Best Battery OS? Best Browser? Best combination of them all? I have considered using a hybrid, but I do not know the first thing about them. Anyone willing to help will be appreciated.
    12-25-10 11:22 PM
    I've been having some random reboots on my Tour using 5.0.0.484. They are few and far between, but I use my Tour as an alarm clock and this is almost caused me to be late for work a time or two. As of right now, what is the most stable OS? The best Radio OS? Best Battery OS? Best Browser? Best combination of them all? I have considered using a hybrid, but I do not know the first thing about them. Anyone willing to help will be appreciated.
    I think you might benefit by reading the OS thread on the latest Official OS for the Tour.

You will get much better responses there and even here you will get responses all over the board.

I myself am using 5.0.0.732 from VZW and even though I do not like the battery usage, Boot time and Memory leaks( which I am sure are from apps I have DLd from 3rd parties it seems to be ok and stable and I have no trouble with it otherwise.
    12-26-10 11:41 AM
    5.0.0.1030 is the latest release from Sprint & it is by far the best I've ever had on my Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 03:43 PM
    As a beta tester for BBTweaks.com, I think they have the best hybrid OS. 975v1 is currently out, but I believe they are close to releasing another updated version soon.

12-26-10 04:53 PM
    9630/5.0.0.975

12-26-10 04:55 PM
    I've been using the Sprint .624 and it works great, no memory leaks, and never reboots. I thought about upgrading it, but after everything I have read, and knowing how well 624 works right now on my Tour I decided to leave it the way it is.
    12-27-10 07:39 AM
    9630/5.0.0.975

How is this OS working for you in terms of battery and memory leaks?
    Anything else that would make me upgrade please feel free to lewt me know.

I am using 5.0.0.732 on my Tour now with VZW, same as you.
    12-27-10 08:55 AM
    One thing that has become apparent to me since I started to delve into upgrading my OS's, is that our devices are unique. We make them unique because of our apps, themes, usage habits, locations, etc. All you need do is look back through the threads discussing each latest OS release. You will see that some users love their new updates, while others have constant issues.

I have read rave revues of new releases, rushed home to install them, only to find that there was something in them that I could not live with. A couple of times, I even went all the way back to the original 4.7 OS, such was my frustration.

I have had numerous different OS's on my Tour and found myself downgrading and upgrading all the time due to various issues I couldn't live with...memory leaks...battery drain...radio/signal problems. I suggest that you take a few of them for a "test drive" to see how they work for you. I know that it can be a pita, upgrading and downgrading, but when you find "the one", you will be pleased with the results.

For whatever reason, .1030 is working perfectly for me. For me it is the best OS I have had on my device. It gets along very well with my apps and themes. The radio is fantastic. Fast and snappy throughout the device. Bluetooth volume is great. Battery life is as good as it was with 4.7. Memory leaks are minimal. I am really impressed with it.
    12-27-10 11:07 AM
    How is this OS working for you in terms of battery and memory leaks?
    Anything else that would make me upgrade please feel free to lewt me know.

I am using 5.0.0.732 on my Tour now with VZW, same as you.
    Battery life=excellent
    Memory leak=average
    Speed=snappy
    Boot Time=3 minutes

Good OS, 9630/5.0.0.975

12-27-10 12:55 PM
    One thing that has become apparent to me since I started to delve into upgrading my OS's, is that our devices are unique. We make them unique because of our apps, themes, usage habits, locations, etc. All you need do is look back through the threads discussing each latest OS release. You will see that some users love their new updates, while others have constant issues.

I have read rave revues of new releases, rushed home to install them, only to find that there was something in them that I could not live with. A couple of times, I even went all the way back to the original 4.7 OS, such was my frustration.

I have had numerous different OS's on my Tour and found myself downgrading and upgrading all the time due to various issues I couldn't live with...memory leaks...battery drain...radio/signal problems. I suggest that you take a few of them for a "test drive" to see how they work for you. I know that it can be a pita, upgrading and downgrading, but when you find "the one", you will be pleased with the results.

For whatever reason, .1030 is working perfectly for me. For me it is the best OS I have had on my device. It gets along very well with my apps and themes. The radio is fantastic. Fast and snappy throughout the device. Bluetooth volume is great. Battery life is as good as it was with 4.7. Memory leaks are minimal. I am really impressed with it.
    I would agree with all you said 100%
    Setanta likes this.
    12-27-10 02:35 PM
    Battery life=excellent
    Memory leak=average
    Speed=snappy
    Boot Time=3 minutes

Good OS, 9630/5.0.0.975

Thank you Chrisy... I have been putting it off every week I hook up to DM to backup and get the .975 pop up. I might break down and do it, It can't be any worse then .732 that I am using now.
    12-27-10 02:38 PM
    Let me know how you like it.

12-27-10 07:13 PM
    Let me know how you like it.

Will most likely load it this weekend but if nice weather I will be hitting the legacy Trail again or going out to Myakka State Park to ride. THen will play with the BB later on. I will let you know if I make the jump to the OS you are using.

Can reach me on my BB at [email protected] anytime if you want.

Thanks for the comments
    12-28-10 09:13 AM
    643 and 732 were best I had on my Tour.
    12-28-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD