I know these have probably been addressed somewhere, so I apologize if they have. Anyway, my wife and I are very pleased with our Tours that we got last week, but we do have a couple of issues that many on here have had: her trackball sucks and my battery door is loose (it wasn't until I took over the cover for the first time). Anyway, I thought I had were on here where Verizon had a kit to replace the trackballs, and when she went up there this week without me they just told her that she needed to do a software update. Will this fix it? What are our options with Verizon? Should we (or would they) get them to give us new phones (these were new, so we shouldn't be having issues)? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
    09-11-09 09:55 AM
    With VZW you have 30 days to return the phone for any reason. The trackball can be software or hardware related. If it feels like there is sand or grit keeping the ball from moving, it can be fixed, but VZW will put in a new ball for you. If it moves fine but doesn't respond well it is a software issue and you can resolve that with an os update. As far as the battery door goes, vzw does have battery doors to swap out. I live too far from the store, so I did the electrical tape fix. If you do a forum search on trackball fix and then for battery door fix you will get some different options.

Hope this helps
    09-11-09 10:03 AM
    Exchange it. Even beyond the 30 days, you have a 1 year warranty, but I'd do it ASAP
    09-11-09 10:11 AM
    outside of 30days they will want to give you a refurb. I'd try to fix your issues first before taking a refurb. I always hated the idea that I had someone else's phone in my pocket.
    09-11-09 10:24 AM
    i tried replacing mine within 30 days the store rep gave me so much **** after i spoke with someone on the phone. i stormed out and am just living with the loose door...tape fixed it so oh well. not even worth the hastle. other than that i love the phone.
    09-11-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD