got mine today also 149.99
    07-13-09 10:20 PM
    Switched from AT&T today back to Verizon and swung by Best Buy after being told yesterday the new 2 year contract price would be $99.99 and purchased around 6 pm. Very happy and pleased to be back on Verizon. Glad to be a Blackberry owner once again. The tour is perfect for me.
    07-13-09 10:24 PM
    got mine for 149.99 today also at the best buy in Mira Mesa, San Diego
    07-13-09 10:29 PM
    Ordered my upgrade from Sprint today. With a little pressure, got it for $99. Activation fee waived.
    Last edited by 2legit; 07-13-09 at 10:44 PM. Reason: update
    07-13-09 10:39 PM
    I'm not totally sure about the Best Buy pricing issue, but I can tell you this. You do not need to be at 18 months to get your upgrade. They'll do the upgrade now ($199) if you ask the right person the right way. I got a Storm on launch day and upgraded to The Tour yesterday at the $199 price.
    Tell me more! I am not due until August 2010 and don't want to open a new line or pay full retail. Give me the scoop!
    07-13-09 10:44 PM
    So if you are already a Verizon customer there is no way to get the Tour from BB for $149? (Even with your NE2)
    07-14-09 12:25 AM
    So if you are already a Verizon customer there is no way to get the Tour from BB for $149? (Even with your NE2)
    If you're already a Verizon customer and are eligible for a new phone then it's $149.99. Got mine Sunday in Richmond Va at the VA Center Commons BB.
    07-14-09 12:32 AM
    if this is right i could go to best buy start a new contract and get a tour for 99.00 then turn around and cancel and pay etf of 175.00 and end up paying 274.00 for a tour someone correct me if i am wrong
    07-14-09 05:03 AM
    if this is right i could go to best buy start a new contract and get a tour for 99.00 then turn around and cancel and pay etf of 175.00 and end up paying 274.00 for a tour someone correct me if i am wrong
    Yep. Plus activation (unless you get them to waive it) and the prorated amount of service you use.

As far as I know, BestBuy does not have any additional ETF or additional contract, like amazon.com
    07-14-09 05:07 AM
    this is ******* BS .i've been checking best buy website and the best buy around me for days....so i decided to finally just say forget it and order from verizon, getting mine in today. but the problem is, its not listed anywhere. no blackberry tour to be found. i live on long island in NY. help. i will refuse the package if i get an answer!
    07-14-09 05:09 AM
    this is ******* BS .i've been checking best buy website and the best buy around me for days....so i decided to finally just say forget it and order from verizon, getting mine in today. but the problem is, its not listed anywhere. no blackberry tour to be found. i live on long island in NY. help. i will refuse the package if i get an answer!
    I got mine at the BestBuy in Westbury. Call them up or stop in there, and they will confirm the prices that have been listed on here. BestBuy's website is weird when it comes to cell phones, just ignore it and check the actual store.
    07-14-09 05:13 AM
    I got mine at the BestBuy in Westbury. Call them up or stop in there, and they will confirm the prices that have been listed on here. BestBuy's website is weird when it comes to cell phones, just ignore it and check the actual store.

thanks a lot. think i should refuse my package? it comes in today. or should i just keep it and call it a day.

and ps. you mind telling me the diff besides price for getting the phone at best buy? do i go to them if i need something fixed or exchanged. does the 30 day thing still apply..etc
    07-14-09 05:23 AM
    You can still go to verizon if you need service.

You would probably need to return the phone to verizon (might be able to return it to the store instead of mailing it back) and let them reset your upgrade before best buy could sell you the phone.
    07-14-09 08:09 AM
    Went to get it today. I'm due for 1 year upgrade. Couldn't get reduced pricing.

1. New 2 year $99
    2. 2 year upgrade $149.99
    3. 1 year upgrade Full Price

No provisions for anything else. So got it from vzw online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:14 AM
    ok i got 1 at best buy added a line to my existing contract they charged me activation fee to be on my first bill got the phone for 99.00 plus tax so should i cancel before 3 days to get my activation fee removed and then will they bill me for the etf and not interfere with my original contract?
    07-14-09 09:47 PM
    Best Buy is totally screwed up. If you find a store offering these low prices, jump on it before they figure it out. The Best Buy where I live is much higher than what can be bought at Verizon. For new line, add a line and full retail. They will figure it out and price correct them all.
    07-14-09 09:58 PM
    I got it today from BestBuy Mobile in the mall for $149. The girl said I think it's 199...I said "well everyone on the internet says BestBuy has it for $149 so... then she looked and said I was right.
    07-14-09 10:09 PM
    Yeah Best Buy was very expensive I assumed the price would have been marked up but when the total with tax came to 760 full retail i did a double take but all and all it is defintely worth it and my upgrade is in december so i'm sure they'll have something better around or after that time frame.
    07-14-09 10:12 PM
    Went to get it today. I'm due for 1 year upgrade. Couldn't get reduced pricing.

1. New 2 year $99
    2. 2 year upgrade $149.99
    3. 1 year upgrade Full Price

No provisions for anything else. So got it from vzw online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats prolly because you quoted it as a one year upgrade and not an annual upgrade, some employees dont know the differnce
    07-14-09 10:19 PM
    Ordered my upgrade from Sprint today. With a little pressure, got it for $99. Activation fee waived.
    How did you do this? through retentions or through telesales? what did you do to get this price?
    07-15-09 10:52 PM
    I found this interesting. I chatted with a sprint rep online today and had an interesting conversation. ( I like to chat with them from time to time to laugh at their lack of knowledge) Here is the convo:

11:37:30 PM Agent LaToya P
    I will be more than happy to assist you

11:37:35 PM Agent LaToya P
    What seems to be the issue?

11:37:57 PM Customer james
    i just have a question. do you know when the new Blackberry Tour will be available at local Sprint stores?

11:39:20 PM Agent LaToya P
    It was released on Sunday.

11:39:44 PM Customer james
    it was released via sprint.com and telesales, not retail stores

11:40:10 PM Agent LaToya P
    It was released in the store as well.

11:40:38 PM Customer james
    it has never been released to sprint stores. i know this for a fact

11:41:10 PM Agent LaToya P
    Can you please verfiy what i can assist you with today?

11:41:30 PM Customer james
    yes, by providing me with information on the release of the tour in retail locations

11:41:44 PM Customer james
    if you do not know, just please simply say that you don't know

11:41:50 PM Agent LaToya P
    Please disregard that question I apologize.

11:42:50 PM Agent LaToya P
    You will need to call the sprint store not al stores have them however they have been released in the store.

11:43:37 PM Customer james
    do you know what area got them? because i know many stores in major areas across the country that don't even know whenn they will get it

11:43:45 PM Agent LaToya P
    Due to high demand for this Blackberry device, all orders have been put in a back order status until Sprint receives more devices from RIM.

11:43:50 PM Agent LaToya P
    We expect to receive these devices on 7/20 at which time all orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.

11:44:05 PM Customer james
    ok thank you for your information

11:44:20 PM Agent LaToya P
    You are more than welcome.

11:44:30 PM Agent LaToya P
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

11:44:35 PM Agent LaToya P
    Is there anything else i can assit you with?

11:44:38 PM Customer james
    no thank you

Sorry for the length, i just thought it was hilarious and you might want to laugh.
    07-15-09 10:56 PM
    got a few of my buddies to upgrade they all got the deal for 150 on upgrades, found out that BBYM is getting 20% off features as well for employees...
    Last edited by Rev. Big Country; 07-16-09 at 12:45 AM. Reason: my computer is retarded...
    07-16-09 12:43 AM
172 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD