I just got a call from Best Buy that my reserved Tour is in. I was beginning to wonder. I went to one of the 2 "convenient" corporate stores today, and asked what their expectation was. She told me they had gotten a lot of calls about the Tour. When I asked about stock she would not tell me. The other corporate store in the area (I called yesterday) would not tell me, either. The other store also advised I get there at "opening, but no need to camp out".

Tomorrow...these forums should be interesting. Either very quiet, or very busy.

ETA: I didn't mean to make this thread about me...I intended to make it known to other Best Buy pre-orderers that they should be (or have) gotten calls.
    07-11-09 02:04 PM
    Did you ask if you could pick it up now?
    07-11-09 02:05 PM
    I called BestBuy to ask about my preorder earlier today, they said they got them in today, and I can come right in and pick it up.

2 hours, later, i'm sitting here still playing with my new tour!
    07-11-09 02:16 PM
    I called BestBuy to ask about my preorder earlier today, they said they got them in today, and I can come right in and pick it up.

2 hours, later, i'm sitting here still playing with my new tour!
    NO FRIGGIN WAY???!!!
    07-11-09 02:29 PM
    I got mine as well. It's an unbelievable device.
    07-11-09 02:36 PM
    hmm, i haven't gotten a call from the best buy i pre-ordered from. -_-

maybe california best buy's haven't gotten them in yet?
    07-11-09 02:39 PM
    i hope you guys are telling the truth about this. people have been getting banned i heard for stirring up false hope.
    07-11-09 02:42 PM
    i hope you guys are telling the truth about this. people have been getting banned i heard for stirring up false hope.
    i hope they are too, from what I know, Best Buy is pretty strict about releasing items on their release date and not earlier. But I hope they are telling the truth and that I get a phone call sooner rather than later
    07-11-09 02:44 PM

Tomorrow...these forums should be interesting. Either very quiet, or very busy.
    If I were a betting man, I would say that it will be very busy tomorrow.
    07-11-09 02:47 PM
    100% truth.

Call the BestBuy in Westbury, NY, and ask if you can pick up your Tour today if you dont believe me.

However, they told me there they are only selling them for preorder customers, so not sure what they are going to tell you on the phone.
    07-11-09 02:49 PM
    I also preordered at Best Buy. Just called them and not only do they NOT have the phones, they are unsure whether they will be getting any by tomorrow. They couldn't even tell me how much the phone was going to cost. I live in Jacksonville, Florida so it's not a small town Best Buy either.
    07-11-09 02:51 PM
    All best buy locations received their shipments on Friday.. now if their inventory team did their job and unloaded them on friday night then they are selling them..

Any store that says "we dont have them in stock but my get them on sunday" is wrong or lying.. pick one..
    07-11-09 02:54 PM
    I received a call from Best Buy as well and they informed me that they did receive their shipment of Tours and they will be selling them tomorrow as planed. They asked me if I would set up a time to come in, they are expecting to be very busy. Sioux Falls, SD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 03:00 PM
    how do you "reserve" a tour at best buy ? over the phone or do i have to go there. i just called the bb near me (Aventura, FL) and they claim they don't have them yet but might get them by special delivery tommorrow. i said "you mean special like FEDEX ?" with my usual sarcastic tone and the twerp hung up on me ! LOL !
    07-11-09 03:05 PM
    Go pick it up..post some pics

07-11-09 03:08 PM
    Oh well, the resoultion stinks because of sizing issues but here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1247343422

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1247343422
    07-11-09 03:20 PM
    i called 3 bb's in my area and they all said tmro. so are all these people getting them early getting because they pre ordered through bb?
    07-11-09 03:22 PM
    how do you "reserve" a tour at best buy ? over the phone or do i have to go there. i just called the bb near me (Aventura, FL) and they claim they don't have them yet but might get them by special delivery tommorrow. i said "you mean special like FEDEX ?" with my usual sarcastic tone and the twerp hung up on me ! LOL !
    All I had to do was go to my local Best Buy fill out a pre-order form, pay a $50 deposit which they put on a gift card which I can use whenever and that was it.

07-11-09 03:24 PM
    this is wild. i wonder if they have any non preordered
    07-11-09 03:42 PM
    Not all BB got a shipment in friday... Some stores are getting them tonight and will be receiving them tomorrow morning....
    07-11-09 03:44 PM
    i called 3 bb's in my area and they all said tmro. so are all these people getting them early getting because they pre ordered through bb?
    I walked into the BestBuy to look at the demo. I walked out with the real thing. No questions asked. He sold it to me for $149.99 plus tax and I added a line to my family plan. Very simple, very easy and very exciting.
    07-11-09 05:29 PM
    I walked into the BestBuy to look at the demo. I walked out with the real thing. No questions asked. He sold it to me for $149.99 plus tax and I added a line to my family plan. Very simple, very easy and very exciting.
    Not questioning you and your sale, but I read that the Tour had a hard street date! I wonder how much that will set that store back in fines?
    07-11-09 05:39 PM
    I placed my preorder today and was guaranteed one. I will be waiting at the door at 11:00 when the open tomorrow. I can't wait. it's like Christmas in July!
    07-11-09 05:51 PM
    What was the final price? Was it $149.99 for the upgrade ($99 New line), or was it the original $199.99 for the upgrade and $149.99 for a new line?
    07-11-09 06:00 PM
    Not questioning you and your sale, but I read that the Tour had a hard street date! I wonder how much that will set that store back in fines?
    Didn't they do the same with another phone within the past 6 or 8 months? I can't remember the details but I'm sure I heard of similar circustances. I never heard what the outcome was, though.

The guy I bought it from was the manager of the cell phone department. He's been there for a good long time and said if it comes up in the computer, he can sell it.

I was somewhat surprised when the transaction went through but very happy it did. The phone is worlds apart from the Storm. No spinning clock, it's responsive and other than the battery door being somewhat loose due to an obvious manufacturing glitch, I've found it to be an extremely well made phone.

I think there's going to be a lot of happy phone owners once it's released to the masses.
    07-11-09 06:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD