Agree. I'm REALLY hoping they can this device as solid and reliable as the Curve. The Curve while "dated" just gets things done.

I'm looking forward to seing the browser in action as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Likewise, I have been waiting patiently for this device, i know you have too. I guess we will see soon...
    03-17-09 08:59 PM
    I mean I believe that Niagara is ONE of the best Blackberry devices on the market right now...I do like the internal workings of the Bold but it's too bulky for me...so that is where the Niagara earns extra points.
    The only thing is that with Blackberry we will only be talking about the Niagara for around 6 months or so because soon after the buzz starts to die down there will be rumors and leaked pictures of the next best thing. It's hard to get too excited about one device because as soon as I buy this one there is going to be another one right around the corner that I want as bad as this one....that's just how the Consumer market works.
    That's why I am just going to get this one...be cool for two years and see what Blackberry is doing in the year 2011...LOL
    Last edited by MzSweetyPie82; 03-18-09 at 02:57 PM.
    03-18-09 09:22 AM
    I mean I believe that Niagara is ONE of the best Blackberry devices on the market right now...I do like the internal workings of the Bold but it's too bulky for me...so that is where the Niagara earns extra points.
    The only this is that with Blackberry we will only be talking about the Niagara for around 6 months or so because soon after the buzz starts to die down there will be rumors and leaked pictures of the next best thing. It's hard to get too excited about one device because as soon as I buy this one there is going to be another one right around the corner that I want as bad as this one....that's just how the Consumer market works.
    That's why I am just going to get this one...be cool for two years and see what Blackberry is doing in the year 2011...LOL
    I swear that's exactly wat my state of mind is wit this device. I will also rock it for 2yrs and see wat else Sprint will like to get as their next BB

03-18-09 02:08 PM
    Yeah, I can't be spending $$$ each year on a new phone....I ain't a big balla like that!!!
    03-18-09 02:59 PM
    I was gonna say... If you are, share the love!

03-18-09 03:01 PM
    LOL I wish...but alas that is NOT the case!
    I have to get my lil 2 year contract and hope and pray that when the time comes for me to upgrade that there is something else out there that tickles my fancy! Luckily for me it's the Niagara and with all the street talk going around I am pretty confident that it will be out on Verizon before my contract is up.
    But like I said before as soon as I purchase the Niagara then CB will be buzzing about the "NEWEST" Blackberry coming out in the next 6 months...it's a vicious cycle that just goes on and on...so there is no doubt in my mind that by 2011 there will be something else worthy of my 2 year contract!
    03-18-09 03:39 PM
    For me the Niagara will be the best phone in the RIM lineup. The reason that I say this is that it is on VZ. I own the Bold and it is fantastic but on AT&T and in my area that is not a good thing. I had to add VZ to my business to get good reception and am using a Curve waiting for the Niagara. A Bold on VZ would be even better IMHO. Come on VZ and RIM get this phone on the steets.
    03-18-09 06:43 PM
    MZSweetie, I agree with the money thing but when the Niagara hits the streets I think that we will have a phone that will be great and useful for the near future. I am hoping that my Niagara will last me until LTE gets rolling.
    03-18-09 06:45 PM
    What I don't understand is why Verizon would want to release the Niagara without wifi and with a slower chip than the Bold 9000 (512Mhz vs. 624MHz). If they equaled the Bold on these two items they would not leave any technical opening for a user to choose the Bold over the Niagara (save for those that want the larger form factor of the Bold anyway) the would meet or exceed the Bold in a Spec by Spec comparision.

What would the price difference be $20-$40, maybe. Price is not going to be the differentiator here.
    03-18-09 06:58 PM
    i doubt it will unseat the Bold... the Pluto (aka 99xx) should also surface sometime this year!
    i hope the 99xx surfaces soon...... but the niagra sounds like it will top the current phones (that is, of course, if you dont like the storm A LOT)
    03-18-09 07:46 PM
    *crosses fingers*
    03-21-09 07:13 PM
    I've been reading from different sources that the OS is in horrendous shape right now.

I do realize it is a bit early but 2 months goes by mighty fast.

I'm hoping something more concrete will start pouring in about this device (i.e. the OS) soon.

03-30-09 10:58 PM
    I've been reading from different sources that the OS is in horrendous shape right now.

I do realize it is a bit early but 2 months goes by mighty fast.

I'm hoping something more concrete will start pouring in about this device (i.e. the OS) soon.

Ahh the OS! I'm so scared to see how .10 treats me.
    03-30-09 11:00 PM
    Ahh the OS! I'm so scared to see how .10 treats me.
    I can't see what device your using : )

What is it?

03-30-09 11:03 PM
    I can't see what device your using : )

What is it?

It's just a 9... Hehe
    03-30-09 11:05 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD